Rex 3

Hey! I found this today and realized I never posted it!  Read at your own risk: Major Feels.

My name is Rex. I'm Captain of the 501st Legion. If anyone finds this, I'm dead. This is my last endeavor with my love, Emily.

She died... I can't believe it! I won't! I admitted it to her and she died. I told her that I loved her! She was shot shortly before. I had to leave her. I had to live. Live for her. It's what she would've wanted.

Emily. Her name was Emily. Em, for short... I loved this girl with all my heart and she loved me too... At least, she did before she died... She gave me her lightsaber... I'll cherish it forever and never forget her, nor love another. That's a promise.

There was a problem. I was still stuck on this jungle planet without a way to get off. Em and I took out at least ¾ of the droids before she was shot, which means that there were only a few droids scattered around here or there. Nothing I couldn't handle. The one thing I couldn't handle was what I was about to find when I found a cave. Suffice to say, it wasn't deserted. I was tackled from behind and knocked out before I could tell who it was.

When I woke again, I was bound by chains to the wall of the cave. I struggled, but it did nothing, so I decided to save my energy. I saw someone in tall boots walk over to me. Upon looking up, I was shocked, confused, terrified, and felt betrayed. "Emily?!" I asked in panic. She just laughed at me as a tactical droid came over. I glared at the droid, who told me that Emily worked for him now. Mind control, I knew. "The Em I know wouldn't betray the Republic or me." I told him, trying to find a way to snap Em out of it.

It hit me like a bullet. Her saber. The stupid droid hadn't taken it off my belt. I chuckled as the droid left, Em staying to watch over me. I cut my chains with her saber and all in one quick motion, held it to her neck. "Emily, this isn't you. I know the real you." I told her. "You don't know me!" She yelled back. She dodged the blue saber and rolled out of the way. She kicked my feet out from under me, knocking me to the ground. She grabbed her saber and held it to my neck. 

She pulled me to my feet and got real close, about to say something to me. I took my chance, kissing her. She pushed me off her, but held her head, snapping out of it. She looked at me again, tears welling in her eyes. "Rex..." She deactivated her saber and fell to the ground. I rushed over and caught her before she hit the rock ground of the cave. "Rex..." She said my name weakly and breathlessly. She was dying... I kissed her and held her tightly in my arms. I decided that she wouldn't die alone. I grabbed her saber and held it to my stomach, activating it. I fell all the way to the ground, her in my arms. I clung to her until my last breath.

Yeah. <3