Protective

Luke's POV

"I was only talking to her!" I defended myself.

"Sure, you were! And I made the Kessel Run in fourteen parsecs!" Han yelled at me. Diana had no say in this, as Han had pulled her away from me and behind him when we were sitting together.

"I don't understand why you don't like me!"

"It's not that I don't like you, Luke! It's that I don't want my sister to be with a show-off like you!"

"Oh, like you're not a show-off!" I spat at him, upset about him taking her from me.

"Maybe, but I'm not the one who wants to date her!" He spat back at me. I growled and stormed off to my quarters, locking the door behind me. I found a firm pillow and punched it.

That feels good.

I punched it more and more, over and over, harder and harder. I punched it until there was nothing left of it. I had basically punched a hole through it, and that's when I broke.

I fell to my knees, sobbing, clutching the pillow to my chest.

I can't lose her!

I cried myself to sleep that night.

Tomorrow is another day...

The next morning, I woke up late. Not caring, I pulled myself to my feet from my warm spot on the floor, letting the blanket fall off me. I heard a knock on my door.

I still hugged the destroyed pillow to my chest as I went to answer. I was hesitant to open the door, but I opened it nevertheless. Standing in front of me was Diana, tear streaks on her face. I gasped and threw the pillow behind me, pulling her inside, into my arms. I closed the door and locked it before taking her face in my hands. I pulled myself toward her, kissing her with such a loving passion that I couldn't help but pull her closer. I pulled her body against mine, enveloping her in my arms. She snuggled into my chest, and I buried my face in her hair.

"I love you... So much, darling... Diana... My precious...." Tears streamed down my face, and all I could feel was pure love for the woman in my arms.

"I'm never letting you go..."