1.3K View Special (Rex 4)

Again, I just wanted to thank everyone for 1.3K views!!!!! It means so so much to me!!!!!! <3

This is a story I started, but never finished. As you can probably tell, I'm great at beginning stories, but never finishing them. (*coughs* Kate and Jade *coughs*) If only I could have somebody who could just write my stories for me.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanywaysssssssssss...

Yeah, I wrote this a long while ago, intending to make it a story, but I never finished. I named it "Eliza" in my documents, though it's really a story about Rex too. 

Alright, Alright, I'll quit bothering you. Here it is.

Eliza's POV:

I looked at myself in the mirror. A crown? On my head? It had been months since I was crowned Princess of Mandalore. I wasn't related to the Duchess or anything, but in case she was killed or corrupt or whatever, I was to take her place. I still couldn't believe I was a princess. Since Mandalore was being overthrown by Death Watch, who'd killed Satine, I was the next ruler of Mandalore. I was to find a husband to rule by my side, by final wish of the Duchess Satine.

I sighed and walked out of my private bathroom, back into my bedroom. I took off the crown and set it on the nightstand next to my bed. Satine had basically been my mentor since I was claimed princess of Mandalore.

In my days of refuge on the base on Christophsis, I'd met an amazing trooper. His name was Captain Rex. I loved this man with all my heart, but I never admitted it, as it was forbidden for clones to fall in love. I flopped down on my bed, just thinking about Rex, wondering about the things I didn't know and musing over the things I did.

I sighed and drifted to sleep, saddened by the fact that I could never have him. I could bet he didn't even feel the same way about me as I did him.

Rex's POV:

As I laid down in my quarters that night, I couldn't stop thinking about the beautiful princess that took refuge on our base. OURS. Of all the bases, we were so lucky to have her. She was so polite to us and mindful about us. Nobody has ever cared about us that much- Not even some of the Jedi. She started out shy and quiet, but once she got to know us, she was quirky, awkward, and just perfect...

I couldn't stop thinking about her, not even for a second. Not even on our missions. I felt as if I was fighting for not only the Republic, but for her as well. I loved her and would most definitely break the code for her, but she was a princess. She deserves better than me. I drifted to sleep that night, my heart broken as I silently cried about how I couldn't have her.

"Rex! Rex!!" I woke the next morning to someone shaking me and calling my name loudly in my ear. I jumped up and faced them. "What is it?!" I said in an almost panicked tone, my mind wandering back to the princess immediately, fearing that she'd been hurt in some way.

Fives' POV:

I chuckled at the panic look on my Captain's face as he urged me to say why I was screaming his name in his ear to wake him up. Calmly and coolly, I told him, "You looked so peaceful while you were sleeping and I had to do something about it." After that, I ran for my life, laughing. Rex chased me around, gaining quickly because he didn't have any armor on and I did. He eventually tackled me, looking serious but with a sly grin on his face. "Caught Ya." He told me. I couldn't help but chuckle. "That you did, Captain." He rolled his eyes at me and got off me, helping me to my feet. "You know, you're a lot more fun than Echo." I told him. He chuckled slightly, heading to the armory to put his armor on. I followed him, knowing how he felt about that princess. She was cute, but not my type. I knew how Rex felt, no matter how much he denied it. I chuckled at the thought, giving Rex a look telling him that he was in love.

Rex's POV:

Oh, no... Fives is giving me that look again. I sighed, unable to deny it any longer. "Fives, I can't have her and you know it. She's a princess, Fives. A PRINCESS. She probably doesn't even like me anyways." I sighed again. Just knowing this and saying it broke my heart. "So?" He said. I laughed slightly. "'So?'" I mocked him. "So, it means that I can't have her, she probably doesn't like me, it's against the code, and she's looking for a prince to rule beside her. I'm just a clone in the army." I sighed again, knowing if I talked about it anymore, I'd start crying. I wanted her so bad it hurt. As I finished putting my armor on, General Kenobi walked in. Fives and I stood at attention.

"A concerned group of Mandalorians has requested that the princess be under extra security. Seeing as Mandalore is now in allegiance with the Republic, we can now take this request and do something about it. So, I'm sending you two to Mandalore. You're to stay with the princess at all times. Should you suspect foul play, you're to get the princess to safe refuge and protect her. Remember, Death Watch is still out there and want revenge." He told us. We nodded and the general walked out.

Fives chuckled cockily at me. "Looks like we're visiting the princess anyways." I blushed slightly and put on my helmet. It seems as if fate has given me a second chance and I don't intend to blow it.

So, there it is. I know it's not too special for 1.3K, but I tried... <3