Voices ~ Slick

@RohirrimGirl2187

(Slick's POV)

I threw myself against my bed. "Ugh!" I shouted. I was being haunted by the voices of my brothers who were lost in combat. I clutched my helmet, then took it off and threw it across the room. Then, I clutched my hair, digging my fingers into my scalp. I still had my gloves on, so it didn't hurt much, but I cried out. I was in extreme pain nevertheless. Mentally, my head was spinning, and my vision was warping and impaired. All I could see when I closed my eyes was the battle, and all I could see when I opened them was unending sadness.

My barracks were empty.

I had lost all my squad mates to this battle, each worse than the last. One was shot, one was taken hostage, one stepped on an unknown mine. All I could hear were their voices, and all I could do was cry out. "Help me!"

I laid in my empty barracks, crying, screaming, then sleeping. I didn't have the motivation to get up the next day, either. I still heard whispers, and I still felt dizzy. I couldn't bring myself to move anything more than rolling over to face the wall and hugging a pillow. I heard the doors open, but I didn't care, closing my eyes.

That was a mistake.

I heard the voices and screams grow louder in my head. I felt a hand on my shoulder, my arms flying to my head, clutching it again. "Slick...?" I head a distant voice. It wasn't the same as my brothers voices.

Y/N....

I screamed again, screaming for help from my Jedi general. I felt myself being pulled up, and a warm hand being placed upon my forehead. "Shhh.... Calm down...." The voices began to fade. "Open your eyes, Slick..." I heard her say softly as she took her hand away. I opened my eyes, finding the world to be normal again. It was steady, clear, and concise. I focused on her face. Oh, how beautiful it was. How soothing her features were.

She looked at me calmly. "Slick... How long has this been happening...?" She asked. "After every battle.... Sometimes for days at a time..." She frowned slightly, pulling me up to stand, then pulling me into a tight embrace. I cried into her robes, clutching them tightly. She rubbed my back gently, holding me for as long as I needed.

When we finally pulled away, I put my hands to her face. I caressed her cheek lightly, then pulled her into a gentle kiss.

I knew then, I loved this woman.