Forbidden Knowledge

By the time Nagisa got home it was around 9:00 PM. Closing the front door behind her she was startled by her mom sitting on the couch. "Where have you been young lady?" Her mom said standing up. Nagisa remained silent. "Why were you not here, I though i told you be back by 6:00 PM" Setsuna said pacing behind the coffee table. "Mom I-I" Nagisa started. "You Nothing Nagisa!" Her mom yelled

   Walking toward Nagisa, Setsuna picked up her phone. "First I receive a call from Kimberly asking where you were because Amber and her needed a ride to the dorms and then you arrive at 9:00 PM!" She yelled. "Let me explain" Nagisa said trying to calm her mother down. "Yes PLEASE! Tell me where you?" Setsuna yelled. "I-I I was at the um library, the school library" Nagisa said. "Are you sure?" Her mom said

   Nagisa nod in reply. "Then why don't I believe you?" She continued. "I - ah" Nagisa said trying to get the words out. "You were searching about that dead lady" she said. "Just because you're 16 doesn't mean you can be by yourself. Because of this I Forbid you from coming home late and doing reasearch on that- that unimportant woman" Setsuna said flailing her arms to prove her point.  Nagisa started a reply when she processed the words her mother had spoken to her. The look on Nagisa's face changed almost instantly. "I can't WHAT?!" Nagisa said Raising her voice. 

   "YOU, you're the one who always gets her when it's past anyone's curfew" Nagisa said trying to calm down. "I am an adult YOU are the child" Setsuna said. "Then if I'M the child i guess your the loving mother who's always there? Or am i thinking of someone else, because i think I am" Nagisa replied. "You take that BACK!" Setsuna yelled in anger. "NO! You never cared you don't , you leave early, come home late. You didn't even bother for my birthday last year" Nagisa said with tears in her eyes.

   "Me no being here does not give you the right to disrespect me like that" Setsuna said pointing at Nagisa. "Oh but since your my mom it gives you the right to yell and make me feel unwanted by my own family because god knows the last time i saw grandma or even went near aunt Ella or saw dad-" Nagisa said as she noticed she pushed her mothers lat emotional button, talking about her dad. Nagisa then proceeded to run to her bed room.

**********

   With tears in her eyes she packed a back her uniform, just in case and anything important. When she was about to walk out of her room she heard her mom's room door slam. She took this as an opportunity to run downstairs to her car. After getting out of the parking lot she started driving toward Iris's house. Dialing her number Nagisa held the phone up to her ear when Iris's mom picked up. 

   "Hello?" Iris's mom said. "Miss's M, can i Stay over?" Nagisa asked. "Nagisa, is that you? What Happened?" Miss M asked. "I had to leave home" Nagisa replied. "Sure you can stay" She said. "Good, I'm outside" Nagisa said hanging up. Walking up to the front door of the elegant house, Iris's mom opened the door to meet a puffy eyed Nagisa. "Dear," She said hugging Nagisa. Then they walked inside letting Nagisa and Iris's eyes meet. "What happened to you?" Iris said running from the couch to comfort her friend.

**********

   Nagisa placed her small bags on the bed and sat besides Iris. "I had a fight with my mom" She said resting her head on Iris's shoulder.  "You can talk to me" Iris said while rubbing Nagisa's head. "She yelled at me for getting home late and researching about Naveyah" Nagisa said. "Who's Naveyah?" Iris asked. Nagisa then turned to her her bag and got out the conversation she wrote down and showed her the info about Naveyah in her phone. "Wow she seams important" Iris said looking at the phone. "She's alive or talking to me from the dead" Nagisa said extending the pad to Iris.

   "Where and when did this happen?" Iris said. "Today in the forbidden section of the library at school" Nagisa said wiping away tears. "It actually opened?" Iris asked. "Yeah, but it rejects modern day tech" Nagisa clarified. "Wow" Iris said. "I have so much i have to tell you and the others but i can only say what i have" She said. "Why?" Iris asked. "Because my mother forbid me from searching more" Nagisa said sadly.

   "Why? This isn't forbidden knowledge or anything" Iris said angrily. "My mother would disagree" Nagisa said. "That's just stupid you have a right to know who she is it's history" Iris clarified. "I should go to bed" Nagisa said covering herself with the comforter. "Night, we'll talk tomorrow" Iris said. "Ok, night" Nagisa replied.