48 Gone

Sorry for not sending this sooner. I knew I should sent it the day before but work held me up! But anyways here is a electric piano. I wanted to ship a grand piano but the risk of it breaking is too high. Plus the transporters didn't accept the shipping.

I'm looking forward to the song!

-Shining Saotome

"Really uncle?" I whisper to myself. "Tried shipping a grand piano?! What is he thinking?!"

I crumpled up the note and threw it in the trash bin.

"Might as well thank him." I grumble and set up my laptop and opened my email.

Sender: Melody
To: Saotome

I must say the grand piano was a bit much. I don't know if it was a joke or not, but I appreciate the gesture..I guess. Thank uncle and here are more of the songs I composed. I am currently composing one more for a special reason.

While typing midway it was the best opportunity to tell him about Cecil. So I quickly typed in what I was going to say next.

And that is we are adding another member and it is Cecil. We want to ask your approval of this. We promise you, we won't disappoint you.

Ending my message I attached around five photos of the pieces I made and quickly clicked the send button. After making sure it sent, I turned it off? got my notebook out and started to compose.

Despite not being able to compose properly for a few days, I felt like tonight has a different feel to it. Wondering if it was the stress relief of our vacation or the fact that we get a new member was motivating me, whatever it was, it was helping me compose a much much better song.

Time...just a little more time then I'll be able to finish it.

I glanced to the digital clock beside me and it was already 2 am. I avoided looking at the time much longer and continued writing and playing a few notes on the piano. So that I don't wake everybody else I turned the volume down on the piano. Finally, I held the finished piece in my hand.

"Finished." I said with an accomplished feeling inside my chest. 

The piece felt lively. When I played it on the piano, it was as if the music were alive. Surely, this song will work out. 

I quickly head off to bed, closing all the lights and unplugging the electric piano. It was already past 2:30 by the time I finished so the earlier I slept the more sleep I get.

At that time, I didn't know that a certain someone has left the island.

I woke up to a brand new morning, I felt rejuvenated. Nature really helps relieve stress. I glanced at the time and realized I woke up later than I expected. I was planning to help everyone make breakfast, but then I woke up late. So to save time I hopped in the shower and took a bath real quick before dressing up and rubbing my hair to my towel to make it dry faster. I wore presentable, comfortable clothes, which was a sweater and slightly loose shorts and ran as fast as I could to the outdoor dining area.

"Morning guys!" I stopped to catch my breath in front of them all. 

"Good morning!" Otoya greeted me cheerfully.

"Sorry for being late! Let me help you." I said putting up my hair in a messy bun.

"It's fine. We're already finished." Masato said with a kind smile.

"You can go and sit ahead of us, lady." Ren winked.

"Are you sure?" I looked at them and saw that our seniors were not yet there. "Where are Reiji and the others?"