Chapter Eleven ~ Unedited

Nikki's POV

The look of fear in Scarlett's eyes was something I would never be able to forget. She looked so mortified, so lost.

"Where is he" Scarlett mumbled in a low tone.

Lui just cried but began running in the direction of the woods. Scarlett followed close behind him.

I began running behind them too, a fear growing in my chest. I didn't want to lose him. Although he had rejected me I still wanted him, my cat craved him. But the news that Lui had brought upon us only caused us to fear what we were going to see.

My heart pounded inside my chest, I honestly didn't know what to expect.

But then we saw him.

He was in a fetal position, sweat dripping down his eyes but no tears.

I stopped in my tacks, trying to catch my breath.

Scarlett didn't stop till he was standing above him, she crouched down and touched his forehead.

"Tyler, can you hear me" she asked in a worried tone.

Tyler continued to shake, his body trembling like a leaf.

"Tyler.." she paused.

Tyler looked up at her, his face pained and red.

"It hurts" he whispered.

"What does" she asked as she brought his face onto his legs.

He huffed a few times, "My body. It hurts. Like fire." His words were choppy and almost incoherent.

"He's shifting" i muttered starring at his frail body.

Scarlett closed her eyes and i watched as her bottom lip trembled with fear.

"SCARLETT. TYLER" the alphas voice boomed starling me.

I watched as he ran past me, not even sparing me a glance.

Scarlett looked up at him, her eyes red.

"He's shifting Jay." She mumbled and held Tyler closer to herself.

I wanted to help, to touch him at least but I didn't bring myself to do it.

I slowly walked closer but i felt an intense pain in my chest.

The alpha turned to look at me and gave me a weak smile, "You're going to feel the pain too."

I fell to the ground, my body feeling heavy and weak.

"Lets take them back Scarlett, there's a dose that could help him sleep a bit." Jay muttered picking Tyler up effortlessly.

Scarlett ran to my aid and picked me up, "Sorry Nikki."

I looked at her and gave her a weak smile, "Its okay. Its for Tyler so its okay."

She gave me a weak smile but I could feel her hands trembling on me.

Once we got to the house, other wolfs quickly filed in and helped us to the nursing area.

They wanted to put us into separate rooms but i begged them to let me stay with Tyler.

He laid on the bed while i sat next to him. Holding his hand somehow eased the pain.

I heard shuffling outside and quickly thought it was Scarlett. Inclining closer to the door, i looked out to the hallway only to see Scarlett holding Jay in a tight hug.

Jay had a serious expression but i could hear Scarlett crying.

"I- i thought something happened to him Jay. I was so scared Jay." she continued to cry while Jays face hardened.

Scarlett seemed to have a fear of losing people, this wasn't a natural reaction for someone.

I wonder what happened that made her like this.