Chapter Fourteen ~ Unedited

Nikki POV

I didn't really know to confront Tyler after what he had told me. This explained so much, why Scarlett was afraid of losing people.

"Nikki, can you please coke to the kitchen, Jay wasn't to talk about something with all of us" Scarlett yelled from around the corner.

Its been about a week that I've been here, they managed to clear out a room for me and give me a bed. I haven't spelt in a bed for years. I was 10 when the incident happened, I'm 18 now. Wow its been a long time.

I walked to the kitchen, which may i add was huge, you could add like 100 people here.

"Okay well lets all have a seat" the Alpha commented as he looked at all of us. But his eyes landed on Scarlett. His golden eyes began to glow a bit.

I always wondered why in the human world no one commented on them, having golden eyes is not a natural thing, it's kinda creepy.

I walked next to Lui and sat down, he looked up at me and gave me a big toothy grin.

"SO Scarlett, Tyler, I've been wanted to ask you this. Every year we go on this trip. Its a 10 hour drive and we stay put for about 3-4 days. Its like camping but we do this for new shifters to be able to roam around mew territory" he paused and smiled, "all the males must go, except children under the age of 16, so I'm sorry Lui."

Lui smiled, "Its okay. I wanna stay with Scarlett."

Scalett looked down at him and smiled, "Thank you. And yeah i think its a wonderful idea. Would you like to go with them Tyler?"

Tyler glanced at me but i quickly looked away, he sighed, "Yeah. I dont see why I shouldn't go."

The alpha closed his hands, "alright then we leave tomorrow at dawn."

We all got up, wanting to give Scarlett and Jay some alone time.

"Alright well i have to start packing," Tyler got up and walked right passed me, his shoulder touching mine.

I grabbed Lui's hand and we began exciting the kitchen. I paused when i noticed someone standing at the doorway.

"Hi, i don't think I've introduced myself yet, I'm Racheal, Jays little sister and Scarletts best friend." She stated proudly.

I smiled at her, "I'm Nikki."

"Oh Nikki, what a cute name." She commented smiling.

"I wanna go with Tyler" Lui commented as he let go of my hand and ran towards Tyler room.

I smiled and glanced at Scarlett, she was smiling and talking with the alpha. "Its so weird how they get along. Its like they dint even care they're not the same."

Racheal looked at them, "They had a hard time in the beginning. Our parents told Jay to reject her while Scarlett's older sister told her to reject him."

I looked back at her, "Older sister?"

"They haven't told you i suppose, Scarlett has an older sister. When their parents died, they were left in the care of the older sister but she couldn't handle everything so she left them with a caretaker. The caretaker was eventually attacked and killed. Sister got custody of them. Long story short,she gave them permission to stay here."

I stared at her wide eyes, their whole life death has been following them, "But i don't understand, how can they be so happy now."

Racheal shrugged, "Honestly i don't know. I know for a fact that once Scarlett met jay she became a Lot happier. Lui feeds off the happiness of Scarlett and Tyler, well Tyler is just beginning to get happy."

I nodded my head, "its so weird."

She agreed with me, "It is weird indeed."

***