Chapter Twentyfive ~ Unedited

Nikki's POV

Scarlett wasn't the same. The girl that i met in the beginning was gone. This Scarlett was scared and distant, almost lost. Her eyes held regent and fear. So much fear.

"Bye Nikki" Lui's small arms wrapped around my legs.

I smiled down at him and wrapped my arms around his body.

Lui and Tyler would be leaving with their older sister for a while. Scarlett didn't want them to see the bloodshed this war would cause.

"Bye Lui, don't worry we'll see each other again" i promised as he backed away from me.

He nodded his head and looked over at Scarlett. She was hugging her older sister.

"Thats my older sister. Lizzy" Lui stated forcing a smile onto his lips. His eyes were brimming with unshed tears.

"Nikki" Tyler's voice startled me. I had forgot he was here.

I turned to him and forced a smile, "Tyler."

He smiled at me, "I'm not leaving. Scarlett needs me and," he paused and rubbed the back of his neck making eye contact with me, "I wanna be there for you Nikki."

I nodded my head, my heart was thumping in my chest.

"Thank you Tyler" i muttered wrapping my arms around him unconsciously. I felt his arms wrap around me, pulling me closer to him.

He had a slim body. No muscles just slim.

"Okay, come on Lui" Lizzy muttered breaking our hug. She looked up at Tyler and smiled, "Be careful Tyler, and take care of Scarlett. Don't let her do anything stupid." She ruffled his hair and walked away like that.

Not even a glance my way.

"Lets go inside" Scarlett muttered.

Jay had a tight arm wrapped around her. She looked so destroyed and beat down.

"Yeah" Tyler looked back at me and motioned to go inside.

I nodded my head and began walking.

Everything seemed so complicated now.

Almost like before.

***

Another chapter is out!!!

Thank you to everyone who has continued to read this story. It means so much to me.

Until next the my lovelies.