Thanksgiving Special

7 Years Later
Tyler's POV

Thanksgiving has always been a special thing in our family. When mother and father were alive, they would be sure to cook together as a family. When Gram was alive, Thanksgiving was all about pastries and having fun.

Now, with the pack, they threw these grand parties. Yesterday, everyone spent the whole day cooking and cleaning outside.

Today we spent the whole morning setting up and preparing the food.

"Uncle Ty, mama is calling you" Terry excitedly yelled, tugging at my arm.

"Terry, stop bothering Uncle Ty" Katherine scolded pulling her brother away from me.

Terry and Katherine were both twins, the children of Scarlett and Jay.

Terry had these turquoise eyes and black hair with these cute freckles while Katherine had golden eyes and blonde hair with freckles. They were both 6.

I smiled down at Terry and ruffled his hair, "Where is she?"

Terry smiled widely and tugged me into the pack house.

Scarlett was standing with Jay by her side, for 27 year olds, they both looked like teenagers.

Scarlett looked at me, Tiffany in her arms. Tiffany was 3 years old with these mixed colored eyes and dark blonde hair.

"Tyler, Lui and Velma are about to get here. Can you watch the twins for a while? Jay has to watch Tiffany" she asked with a loving smile.

Scarlett got her mom instincts as soon as she had the twins. Everyone was madly in love with them but Jay and Scarlett were more than just in love with them.

Velma was Lui's mate. They met when they turned 16. They've known each other for a year now. Velma is a werecat. Like us.

"Yeah I don't mind watching them" I answered smiling at the twins who were just arguing with each other.

Scarlett thanked me and gently handed Tiffany to Jay. She pecked his lips and quickly walked outside to help set up.

"How have you been" Jay asked.

I knew why he meant. Nikki hadn't sent me a letter in more than a year but in the last letter she sent me she told me that more than half her pack members had survived the ordeal.

"I'm fine. I've gotten used to it." I answer truthfully grabbing ahold of the twins hands.

They both looked at me with a small smile on their adorable faces. This was the reason to why I didn't feel alone. I had all these loving people surrounding me, how could I ever feel alone?

"She'll come back" Jay smiled gently at me before walking away.

"Uncle Ty lets go play outside" Terry pleaded with big puppy eyes.

In the end I gave up, no use trying to go against their cuteness.

We all walked out, Terry and Katherine dragging me outside with their tiny little hands.

We weren't really sure what they would shift to, whether it being a werewolf or a werecat.

Racheal was sitting down with her mate who she met when she turned 24.

Once Jay and Scarlett turned 23, they both became the natural leaders of the pack.

A flourishing pack.

After an hour of playing with the twins in the woods, Scarlett called out to us.

The feast was about to start.

Terry and Katherine began to run towards their mother who was waiting for them at the edge of the woods with open arms.

I smiled and slowly began to walk but a familiar sent caught me off guard.

I frantically turned around and felt my heart drop.

Nikki was standing a few feet from me. A loving smile on her delicate features. Even after 7 years she still looked the same. Nothing had changed.

I couldn't stop myself, I pounced on her, allowing both of us to fall on the forest floor.

She wrapped her arms around my torso and buried her face into my neck.

"I'm sorry I took so long" she whispered.

Her voice, I missed it so much.

I pulled away and looked into her eyes before closing them and finally leaning forward. Our lips met and I felt sparks began to ignite.

My stomach clenched and my heart raced.

I pulled away and smiled, "Nikki I love you."

Her eyes began to tear up but she nodded her head and smiled, "I love you too Tyler. Always have. Always will."

"Mama who is that" Terry's whisper caught us both off guard.

We both looked only to see everyone standing there, with huge smiles on their faces. The whole pack was there. Every single member. Form the new ones to the old ones. Everyone was here.

Scarlett smiled, "It's your Auntie."

I looked back at Nikki and smiled before kissing her once again.

I waited 7 years for this. And I would wait 7 years again just to see her.

Happy Thanksgiving.