Chapter Thirtyeight ~ Unedited

Tyler POV

We didnt really know what to expect once we got there.  The whole run was quiet. 3 hours into the run, my body began to give up on me but watching Jay push forward only forced me to keep going.

But once we got there the adrenaline began to pump through my veins.

The rouges were all there, laughing and smiling as if nothing were about to happen.

Jay shifted back into his human from and quickly put on his clothes.

"You can stay here Tyler, if things start to go south then i want you to run. Run back to the pack and tell them to get ready for war" Jay muttered looking at all the rouges.

I shifted back to human and quickly changed into clothes, "I can't leave you here Jay."

Jay looked back at me, "If Scarlett dies, then theres really no point in me living. The least i can do is give everyone back home a chance to live."

I nodded my head and stood behind a tree.

Jay looked at me and smiled lightly, "Thank you Tyler."

I wanted to tell him something, thank him for the life he had introduced to all of us after we had hit rock bottom. But I couldn't find the right words.

But Jay simply put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it tightly before walking out of our hiding.

I hid behind a tree and peeked a bit, making sure I wouldn't be seen.

The rouges quickly noticed him and began growling loudly.

Jay put his hands up and started to talk.

"Where's Ace" Jay asked, he held his head up high.

The rouges growled but amongst them all came the leader.

"Jay, i didn't think you would show up" he mocked walking closer to Jay.

"Where is she Ace?"

"Who?"

Jay glared at Ace, but he just chuckled.

"Clam down dog, you'll see her when i give the command" Ace confirmed.

Rusting caught me off guard, i turned slowly. My heart racing in my chest.

I've been caught. I'm going to die. This is it.

I never got to tell Nikki.

"Tyler. I'm glad you're okay" Lizzy's voice caught me off guard.

"Lizzy what the fu.."

She placed a hand over my mouth and shushed me, "Tyler shut up. Did you really think i would let you come here alone?"

"Why are you here?"

"I'm not the only one who came. The Grim's pack and Jay's pack came. Just the military. They're all waiting in the woods" Lizzy explained. "You need to go back. Back to the pack. Back to Lui and Nikki."