1

Tuesday, June 21th 2016, 7.54 am, Pickering
Claire's pov

I put on my white low converse. And open the door.

"Goodbye mom! Love you!" I shout before I go outside.

"Love you honey!" she says back before I close the door.
I take my bike to school today. It's warm outside and the sun shines.
I bike by Shawn's house. He stands by the gate and waves at me. I stop in front of him.

"Can I follow?" he asks. I nod my head and he sit behind me on the bike.

Dear Diary,
Shawn's sitting on my bike, riding to school together. It's almost a week until graduation, after that, I'll be gone. I can't handle to see him every day, knowing that he looks at me and sees me as his friend hurts, and I can't take this anymore.

We arrive at school.
"Thanks for the ride, bestie!" he says and jumps off the bike before me.

"Yeah, no problem" I say and lock it to the cycle rack.
We walk inside school together, he talks about how excited he is to quit school.

"I'm going to ask Lauren to prom" he says happily and looks at me as he smiles. I try to hide my depression and smile back, knowing that my eyes don't do the same.

"Oh, she's a lucky girl" I say, looking at the other direction.

Shawn told me he's going to ask Lauren to prom. My heart is crushed, well, there's just one more week, then everything will be in the past.

"Who will you go with?" he asks and tries to get my attention.

"No one has asked me, and I won't ask anyone either, so. I guess I will go by myself since my best friend has a date" I say and turn around the corner. Shawn comes running up to me since he wasn't ready for me to turn.

"Why?" he asks. I look at him as he's an idiot.

"Yeah, why would someone ask me?" I ask and go to my locker.

"Claire, you've been act different lately, what's happening?" he asks.

I want to tell Shawn everything, but, I think I'll wait with that for awhile.

"Everything is completely fine" I say and open my locker.

"Claire.." he sighs and rests on the other lockers.

"Shawn.." I sigh back and close my locker again.

"I'm your best friend, you can tell me everything" he says and looks sad. I stand straight and look him deep in the eyes before I turn around.

"I know you're my best friend" I shout to him and leave him standing in the corridor.

Fuck this. I love him.

I go in to class, see the sweet and lucky Lauren, that doesn't know that she's so lucky to soon be asked to prom by Shawn. She sit on her chair, turned to her friends.
I sit down next to a window by myself, looking out to the schoolyard.

Half through the class one of my classmates, Michael, comes up to me. He's really cute, tall, black hair and brown eyes.
"Eh, Claire.." he starts.

"Yeah, Michael?" I say and smile nicely to him.

"I wanted to ask you one thing.." he says shyly and looks down at his hands that nervously intertwines each other.
"Sure, just ask" I say calmed.

A prom request I guess Diary, by Michael.

"Will you... will you go to prom with me?" he asks and looks at the door.