16

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 9.34 am, Athens
Claire's pov

"Wake up, sleepyhead" Everleigh's sweet voice wakes me up. I wipe my eyes and roll over in the bed, facing the balcony doors.

"Not yeeeet" I groan and yawn.

"I got some plans for today, you gotta get up!" she says excited.

"Oh no, what have you planned today?" I ask and roll around again as I open my eyes and look at her. She's covered in a grey oversized tee with a 'Nirvana' print on.

"Some fun stuff, come on, Claire, we gotta get readyyy" she almost sings the last words as she dances backwards, towards my door. I chuckle and sit up in my bed.

"The breakfast is already done" she says and grins at me. I roll my eyes and get up, follow her into the little dining room.

"You're amazing, Ever" I chuckle and sit down on a chair, opposite Everleigh.

"I know, right?" she winks and chuckles. "No, I'm just kidding. You are amazing, Claire" she smiles and pour up some yogurt in her bowl.

Dear Diary,
my day hasn't started this good for a long time, I'm not even thinking about Him, this is amazing. I'm so grateful to have Ever beside me

We eat our breakfast as we have the tv on, letting the sound from the show fill the quiet room.

"What are we gonna do?" I ask and a huge mischievous smile plasters on her lips.

"That's a secret" she says and takes a sip of her orange juice. "I want you to have an amazing day, after everything this week, maybe getting a fresh, new start" she adds up and smiles softly. I gently shake my head as I bite my lower lip.

"You're so adventurous, and an awesome friend" I say and let out a chuckle.
We finish the breakfast, then she tells me to pack a beach bag with whatever I feel the need to pack.
I pack two bathing suits, sunscreen, a sun hat, money, a white tee, shorts, flip flops and a skirt

"Ready?" she asks and I nod. "Let's go" she says and grabs my wrist. She pulls me out to the hall and we take our shoes on.

"Can you tell me where we're going?" I ask as we walk along the sidewalk. She giggles and shakes her head.

"Sorry, boo, not yet" she says and smiles at me. I roll my eyes and smile.
We arrive at the center of the city, and Everleigh leads me to a queue to a bus.
As the bus arrives she pays for us.

"Everleigh! You didn't have to do that! I can pay for myself" I say but she just chuckles as she shakes her head.

"Then I'd have to tell you where we're going" she responds. "Now, get some rest, do whatever you want, we have a little bus trip to look forward to" she smiles and I lay back in the seat as I pick up 'Saving Sophie' and start reading.
Eventually I fall asleep and wake up half an hour later by Everleigh.

"What?" I ask sleepy.

"We are here" she says and grins. I wipe my eyes and put back my book in my bag. Soon the bus stops and we get out.

"Welcome to... Schinias!" she says and spins around with her hands in the clouds. A lovely beach and a clear ocean lay in front of us.