13

Saturday, July 2nd 2016, 3.26 pm, Athens
Claire's pov

Me and Everleigh change clothes and go out to see us around the place we live in. It has a lot of cafes and cute shops. We find places that can take us to the beach and such stuff. It's nice to think about other things than Shawn and my family.

"Here, let's go in here" Everleigh says and I follow her inside a small shop.
It's a lot of Greece souvenirs everywhere. She looks around a little and so do I. The owner greets us with a handshake and a shaky English. She tells us some of the history of Athens and stuff like that. I don't really pay attention, it's so hot and I want to have something cold, like ice cream. Everleigh sees me sweating so she tells the owner that we have to go.

"I know a nice ice cream place here" she says and leads me down the street.
We end up outside a pretty big cafe that sells coffee and ice cream etcetera.

"I'll take a strawberry dream" Everleigh says to the cashier. I look at the menu as the cashier looks over at me. Chocolate.

"I'll take a chocolate sparkle" I say and the cashier starts to make the ice creams.
Me and Everleigh sit down at a table as we wait for our ice creams.

Me and Everleigh sit at the ice cream shop for a good 20 minutes and then walk around in the town we live in.
Around 5 pm we go home again and make some dinner. I tell Everleigh that she can do something she wants to do so can I make the dinner, but she insists and helps me instead.

"I'll do the table so we can eat" Everleigh says and takes out two plates from a cabinet. I nod and kepp doing the food that is almost done. It's nothing special, pasta and some sauce, I don't know.

"Great, everything is done, now let's eat" Everleigh says and takes the food I have made.
We sit down opposite each other around the dining table.

Everleigh starts to put food on her plate. I just take a little since I'm not feeling that hungry.

To be honest, Diary, I start feeling bad again, not ill, you know my heart and stuff, the regular.. About Him

"So, what do you think so far?" Everleigh asks as I look down at the food and swirl around my fork in it.

"It's good, I'm just. I don't know" I say without looking at her.

"You want to talk about it?" she asks and I shake my head.

"Maybe later" I answer and I see her nodding.

9.34 pm

I lay in my bed with a book on my chest and my phone next to me. It starts ringing and I look at it.
"shawn 🙈💛 is calling" it says on the display. My heart starts to beat faster and tears start building up in my eyes.
I pick up and put my phone to my ear.

"Claire" Shawn's voice says. It sends shivers to my whole body.

"Shawn" I mumble quietly.

"You.. you promised" his now choked voice says. My heart stops and my throat twists. Tears fall down my cheeks and I can feel the pain in my chest that has been hiding through the day. I'm not able to get a word out of my mouth, I just feel my heart aching, tears falling and my throat getting as dry as a desert.