18

«shawn mendes»

I flop down in my bed in the hotel room, staring up at the ceiling, extremely happy over tonight's show in Germany, the second show for my European leg.
Having my first world tour feels great, this is absolutely insane. But, I wish I could share it with Claire...

I pick up my phone and look through my Instagram. A picture pops up of her and some blonde girl at a beach, with the caption 'thanks for an amazing day hun', then an account tagged. I click on it to see who she is, but she's private. Instead I go in on Claire's feed. She has only 8 pictures uploaded, and four of them is pictures of us, only one picture of herself.
I click in on one, the latest picture of us two, six months old. Oh man, what our looks have changed, and our relation to each other.

instagram post - claire.trembleyy

Liked by shawnmendes, avaa

Liked by shawnmendes, avaa.cray and 6 820 others
claire.trembleyy my dorky favorite
tagged: shawnmendes

View all 163 comments

shawnmendes love you bestie💕

claire.trembleyy love u 2💗 @shawnmendes

**

I look at the following pictures, throwbacks from all of our moments together hit me.

I go into my camera roll and find several pictures of us.

The first one I see, is one I've never seen before. It's not me nor her who have taken it.
We're asleep, Claire has her arms around me, as my head is resting on hers, with one hand in her hair.

I find more pictures and more throwbacks hit me.

I remember how she used to give me a peck on my cheeks now and then, at moments like when we said hello or goodbye. Eventually she stopped, and her attitude grew, and she started to look sadder. I feel so stupid now that I didn't put more effort in trying to find out what was making her sad.

A hard feeling is building in my stomach, as my throat is twisting. I really miss my best friend. I think we both let each other down.

shawn
hey, just wanna know how things are going,
miss you
[deleted]

I hear the door to the hotel room open and close. I quickly clear my throat and shut my phone off. Geoff walks inside and smiles at me.

"Hey, bud" he says, and sits down on a small chair.

"Hey" I say and sit up.

"What's up?" he asks, looking curious.

"Nothing really, why?" I reply, raising one brow in confusion.

"You looked to be in some deep bubble, thinking 'bout stuff" he explains, shrugging.

"Hm, I dunno" I say, sitting up in the bed.

"How are you feeling after the show?" he asks, already lighting my mood up.

"Great! It was amazing, I can barely believe that I'm actually on tour!" I exclaim excitedly, and he laughs, shaking his head.

"That's great! You're killing it" he says, and I smile.

-

I wake up early the following day, we eat hotel breakfast together with the crew, before some go to explore the current city. Hotel breakfast is always the best, and everyone go to get more at least twice. 

As we all finish we go to our rooms to get ready for the day, packing and stuff. Me, Goeff, Andrew and John go for a tour of the German city. As we stroll through the streets, I meet tons and tons of fans. It's so fun meeting everyone and get to take picture. The best part must be all the great feedback. Though there's this kinda heavy feeling over my chest throughout the day. I just can't get my thoughts off Claire, and especially not when this girl walks up to me.

Her hair's short and brown like Claire's, and her face is filled with tiny freckles. I look at her and see Claire.

"Hey, um, could I take a picture with you?", the girl asks with a german accent, breaking me from  my thoughts. 

"Sure", I reply, and bend down to take the picture with her. And then my mind flows away to my long lost best friend.

-

Heyo people

It was seriously over a year since I wrote anything on this story the last time, but I think I'll begin again and finish this thing. Just to make clear, this is obviously Shawn in 2016 when he has his first world tour. He's really changed at a short notice, but it can have something to do that I've been kind of off from the fandom for a while. However, kinda short chapter, but I gotta start somewhere, and I hope that y'all still wanna read it ;))

xxx