5

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 7.27am, Pickering
Claire's pov

It's graduation today.
Today I've chosen where I want to spend my time for a year.
I wear a short white dress with a lace turtleneck and have curled my hair as I have done my makeup a little more than usually.
I eat my breakfast with my brother. My mom and dad aren't home, they will come in time for my graduation.

"So..." Matthew sighs and looks at me.

"You've decided where to go" he says sadly and I nod. He has tried to convince me to not move at least five times each day since prom.

"Yes" I say and swallow the last bite of my sandwich.

"Okay.." he says and walks out from the kitchen.

Dear Diary.. He's so dramatic, I know. I'm kinda sad Diary, I don't know what to do.. but I can't stay here, I'll have to hurt people if I want to go my way and follow my "dreams".

I sigh and get up from my chair. I go to Matthews's room and find him in front of his computer.

"Come on Matt" I sigh and sit down on his bed. He removes his headphones and turns around to me.

"Don't act so childish, you're a grownup man" I say and he rolls his eyes. "You're at least coming to my graduation?" I ask him slowly, scared that he will say no.

"Of course" he says and I smile.

"Good" I reply. "You know that there will probably be many good looking girls there" I say with a smirk but he doesn't appreciate it. His gaze disappears. He thinks of his old girlfriend.

Her name was Caitlyn and she was as old as Matthew. They had math class together, Matt had told me he had a crush on her. One day he asked her if she could help him with his math homework so she came home with him, after that they started dating. They had been together for 3 years, then she got cancer and she lived with it for one year. It was an emotional roller coaster for Matthew, she was the love of his life. When she disappeared a piece of Matt did too and he hasn't been the same since she died.

"Come on Matthew.. She's gone, you need to move on" I say, tell him what's right but what's maybe too true for his weak heart. Tears fill his eyes and he quickly wipes them away before they fall down. I hug my brother.

"I'm sorry, Matt... but that's true" I say and rub his back.

"I know Claire.." he says and sighs.

"Now, get dressed for my graduation, then we'll meet there, I really need to go now" I say and hug him tighter then pull back.

"Yeah" he says and I stand up.

"Bye, I love you bud" I say to him and blow a kiss as I open the door.

"I love you too sis" he says and smiles.

I feel empty, Diary.. I don't want to leave my brother like this, but my flight is already payed, there's no way back.

I take my bike to school and meet up all my friends. Everyone are excited to graduate, I don't see it like a special thing, but yeah.

"Hi Claire" I hear Shawn's voice saying behind me. I turn around with a fake smile and greet him.

"Hi" I say and it hurt when he hugs me, those friend hugs...