3

Sunday, June 26th 2016, 6.24 pm, Pickering
Claire's pov

Dear Diary,
It's prom today.. I have anxiety over it.
Michael will come and pick me up soon, but I'm not sure I want to.
I'll talk to you later.. xx

I wear a two piece. A high waisted and long skirt in baby pink and a high neck tank top, filled with crystals. I have curled my hair, made a braid that starts at my forehead and go back to my neck. The rest of my hair, and the braid, have I put in to a messy bun on my back head. I put a jewelry with crystals into the bun.
I look at myself in the mirror.
"A few more days.." I say as I sigh and slowly go downstairs.
I haven't bought any tickets to the flight yet, I'm not sure where I should go.

He comes to my house at 6.30.

"Honey!! Your date is here!!" my mom shouts from downstairs. I grab my clutch and go downstairs. I walk slow.

"Oh my god! You're gorgeous!" she says excitedly and put her hands together.

"Thanks mom" I says as I reach the bottom floor.
My brother comes from the kitchen.

"You look good sis" he says and looks over my dress and I smile.

"Thanks bud" I say with a smile.
Then the doorbell rang.
I reluctantly walk to the door and open it.
Michael's eyes sparkle.

"You're so beautiful" he says stunned and looks all over me.

"Thank you Michael. You're not that bad looking either" I say with an easy smile.
I look back at my family, or at least two of three. I meet my brothers gaze, he knows I don't want to do this, but, too late now.

"Shall we?" I ask and go out the door. We walk to his car, a black Audi.
He opens the passenger door and I sit down in the seat, then he goes to his side. I wave to my family as we drive away.

I wonder if Shawn's happy, he have probably picked up Lauren right now.

Michael drives up to the school parking. He goes out and opens my door, holds out his hand and helps me out.
We walk in silence into the school then we take a picture before we go to the other students.
I see Shawn and Lauren, dancing and laughing. I sadly turn my head around to the other direction.
Someone suddenly lays its hand on my shoulder. I fast turn around to look who it is.
Him. All dressed up and things.
He smiles bright as I look confused into his beautiful hazel eyes.

"You look gorgeous, Claire" he says and I can feel how my face quickly turns red. I shyly look over my shoulder to hide my blushing face.

"Thank you, Shawn" I say and look at him again. "How's Lauren?" I ask him and a sad mask covers his face for a second then he smiles again. A smile that doesn't reach his eyes.

"It's good, how's Michael?" he says fast and looks for him.

"Okay, I guess" I say and loo down at my hands and take a deep breath.

I want to kiss him, right now, Diary. I should've done it? Or not? I'm confused, scared of the thoughts..

"And there she comes" I say quiet as I look up over Shawn's shoulder.
Lauren reaches us with a smile.

"Hi party people!" she says happily as she lays her hand on Shawn's shoulder.

"Hi Lauren" I say and pretended to look for Michael. "I'll search for Michael" I say as I leave them.
Shawn turns around to Lauren with a smile and leaves my heart empty.

I find Michael chatting with friends from our class.

"Oh, there you are!" he says happily as I was on my way to turn around and go outside.

"Yeeah..." I say and turn around again and stand by his side. He places his arm over my shoulders.

Is this how prom should be, Diary? Using a guy you haven't talked to before, just to see your crush/best friend, enjoying the night with another girl. I want to go home and sleep or something. Help me, Diary.

"I'll just, go to the bathroom" I say and get away from Michael's arm.
I go to the bathroom and put my hands on the sink and lean forward as I stare myself in the eyes.
After a few minutes the door slams open. Three girls come in laughing. I feel so uncomfortable.
I try to get out but they push me backwards.
I push them away, trying to escape from the small space. Finally I'm outside the restroom.
I rest my back on the wall beside the restroom door. I slowly fall to the floor and sit down as I rest my elbows on my knees.

"Something wrong?" someone asks, Shawn. I look up at him and shake my head.

"Don't think so" I say. He stands up
in front of me and looks down at me. He stretches out his hand and helps me up.

"You sure?" he asks and looks me deep in my eyes. I nod.

"Yeah, it was just a bit crowded" I say and smile.

"You wanna do something?" he asks me. I look confused at him.

"But, aren't you with Lauren?" I ask him confused.

"Yeah, but, she left with some friends" he tells me and a small smile dances over his lips.

"Oh, okay.." I say and look over the crowd of students, trying to find Michael.

"I would love to do something, I feel so uninvited here and uncomfortable" I say and he nod. "I'll just find Michael" I say and walk away from him.
I walk through the crowd of students, in hope of finding Michael where I left him. And yes, there he is.

"There you are!!" he shouts at me when I come to him.

"Mm" I hum and look down at his shoes.

"I'm not feeling well.. sorry Michael" I say and he puts his hand on my bare shoulder.

"It's okay, hope you'll get well" he says and puts his other hand under my chin, causing me to look up at him. Wow, it's probably not a big deal for him.
I just hum and walk away.
I go back to the restrooms where Shawn waits.

"Should we?" he asks with a little smile as I reach him. I nod and we go out from prom.
It's quiet outside. The only thing you can hear is the music from the inside, and the few cars on the road.
We stand next to each other and wait for a few seconds then we look into each other's eyes with an adventure filled face.
I take off my heels and run. Shawn comes fast up by my side, laughing.
We run over the asphalt, even though our feet hurt by the rocks on the street.
A few minutes before we reach Shawn's house we walk.

"Go and get your bike" I say to him and he runs up to his yard and gets his bike.
He stops in front of me and I get up behind him on the carrier.