10

Friday, July 1st 2016, 10.48 am, the sky
Claire's pov

I'm leaned back in my seat with my eyes closed and headphones on as I listen to music that clears out my mind. I lose my breath when I hear him. His first song plays in my ears. I sit up straight, keep my headphones on and just look down at my hands in front of me as I almost start hyperventilating. His voice, stuck in my head. I quickly take the headphones off and just looked at them. I bite my lower lip and hold back the tears that had fill up my eyes.
Everleigh's hand is on my shoulder and gently caresses it as she leans forward to me and looks at me distressed.

"It-it was his song" I breathe out and put the headphones on the little table in front of me. Everleigh takes me in her arms and gently rubs my back. My face is pressed against her chest. I can hear her heartbeat.

"Let it out" she says quietly as she keeps rubbing my back and I let all my feelings out. Tears streaming down my cheeks onto her shirt, and she just keeps caressing my hair and rubbing my back.

"I love him" I sob.

"I know" she says caressing my hair. I pull back and wipe away my tears then hug her.

"Should we watch a movie?" she asks me and I nod. I lean back in my seat again and wipe away the rest of the tears.

"So, what do you wanna watch?" she asks me and smiles, that forces a smile on my lips.

"I don't know.." I reply. "Maybe some Harry Potter movies?" I add but quickly regret it. "No, no, forget that!" I hastily say.

"Oh, why not?" she asks and looks confused at me.

"It's his favorite movies.." I sigh and she nods.

"We can just watch this comedy" she says and picks a movie. I nod and she starts it.
I don't care about what it is called or anything, I just need something to focus on. We share earphones as we, or Everleigh, watch the movie. I'm looking out. The clouds are thin, like white cotton candy you've been separating. With the voices and laughter in my head I slowly fall asleep.
I sleep for awhile, which I appreciate. Three hours later I wake up. Everleigh next to me is smiling at her phone.

"Your brother is so cute" she says when she notices that I've woken up.

"Yeah" I say and turn around in my seat, facing the window. I pick up my phone to see if it is something new. I have a message from Shawn. Reluctantly I open the text to see what he has said.

message from shawn:
Hi Claire, you won't answer my calls and I don't know why.. please call me when you can, I just wanna talk to my bestie

Still 'bestie', nothing's changed. I don't think he know that I'm not home, but my lump in the stomach is back, Diary.

message from claire:
I'm sorry, calling you tonight!

Soon I recieve a message from Aaliyah.

message from aaliyah:
I promised you. Safe flight Claire...

She promised me to not tell him anything, and she has kept her promise, Diary..

"Hey, is everything okay?" Everleigh asks. I nod and face her.

"Yeah, everything's fine" I reply and look down at her phone. "Tell him I miss him from me" I add. She smiles and types something like 'Claire's saying she misses you 🙈' to Matt. They're cute I guess, still not together because they've just met, but everyone can see what I see. Both of them deserves to be happy.