17

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 8.49 pm, Athens
Claire's pov

I sit in the cab with Ever. She's slightly drunk, resting her head on my shoulder.

"How was he?" she asks.

"Huh?" I say and she chuckles softly.

"That photo-guy" she says.

"Oh, eh, he was nice, he asked if we could hang out someday" I say, shrugging.

"Sounds nice, are you forgetting about Him?" she asks, but I shake my head.

"He's still a part of me, and my feelings towards him doesn't change in a day, Ever" I tell her, and suddenly my phone starts vibrating.

'Matthew❤️ is calling...' it says on the display.

"Hey" I pick up.

"Hi, how are you?" he asks.

"I'm good, and you?" I answer.

"I'm okay, I guess" he says, but doesn't convince me.

"What's wrong?" I ask. Everleigh looks up at me and smiles, looking to be in another world. I chuckle at her.

"I just miss you, sissy. There's no one to talk to while you're gone, mom and dad are never home" he says and lets out a sigh.

"I miss you too, Matt-" Everleigh interrupts my sentence.

"Is it Matt?! Can I talk to him, pleease" she begs, and I chuckle, as I slowly nod.

"You wanna talk to Everleigh?" I ask him.

"Yeah, sure" he says, and I hand Everleigh my phone.

"Maaaatt" she says in my phone. Maybe it was stupid to let her speak to Matt while she's drunk.

"Matt, I like you" her drunk voice takes over.

"I'm not druuunk" she laughs.

"Claire has a boyfriend nowwww" she says. Oh shoot.

"Everleigh, it's enough, my turn" I say, slightly chuckle and take my phone back.

"Sorry, it was stupid letting her speak to you while drunk, however-" I say, but get cut off by Matthew.

"A boyfriend?" Matthew asks.

"Oh my god, no, really no, it was just this guy who took a picture for me and Everleigh and we talked, and Everleigh was, or is, drunk, so she just makes a hen out of a feather. It's really nothing, I'm still in love with Shawn" I tell him.

Though I thought I wouldn't be affected by Him today, I was wrong... Saying his name out loud doesn't feel good, I get sad

"Oh, all right" he says and lets out a sigh.

"What are you doing?" I ask him, trying make up a new conversation.

"I was just playing video games before I decided to give you a call" he answers. "And you?" he asks.

"In a cab with Everleigh, on our way home" I say.

"What have you been doing?" he asks.

"She surprised me with a day at the beach" I tell him shortly.

"Nice" he says and I hum.

We talk for another ten minutes, then I sit, half asleep, with an asleep Everleigh in my lap.

As we arrive outside the apartment building, I wake my drunk friend up, take our bags and pay the driver.

Everleigh stumbles up the porch, holding me in the hand I'm not carrying the bags with.