twenty - three

FINAL CHAPTER

Ethan made his way through the house still confused about the conversation he just had with Grayson. Maybe he imagined it, he drank at that party quite enough, but not enough to imagine something like that.

Without even knocking he made his way into Grayson's room. He was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling like he always does.

"What's the plan then?" He asks throwing his body next to his. "If we are running away we need at least a good plan." He finishes staring at the ceiling too.

Grayson turns his head and looks at Ethan surprised but he didn't look back at him. "Are you serious?" He asks surprise.

Ethan nods still looking at the ceiling and Grayson smiles. "Road trip." He whispers slowly grabbing his brother's hand.

"To where?" Ethan asks closing his eyes. "Who's car? Mine or yours?"

"I was thinking," he continued telling his plan with a smile. "We sell yours to make some money until we settle down and we keep mine."

"Wow," Ethan says laughing. "For how long have you been considering this Gray?"

"A few weeks now." He murmurs shrugging.

"Okay, where exactly are we going?" Ethan says still holding his hand.

"I don't know." He says quickly sitting. "But I have an idea!" He adds searching through his desk.

"What are you looking for?" Ethan asks opening his eyes and observing his brother for a moment.

"Here!" Grayson quickly exclaims going back to the bed with a paper in his hand.

"What's that?" Ethan asks turning sideways and staring at a map of the United States.

"Close your eyes." Grayson whispers grabbing Ethan's finger.

Closing his eyes too, both of them moved their fingers over the paper without looking.

"Should we open our eyes?" He asks stopping at a random city.

"Minnesota?" Ethan asks laughs.

"Well we can move after a while if we don't like it there." Grayson says shrugging.

"When," Ethan finally asks staring at his brother. "are we leaving?"

"This Friday."

"That's in two days Gray." Ethan says coming back to reality for a moment and feeling nostalgic about leaving everyone.

"I know." Grayson replies avoiding eye contact.

"What about dad and Meredith?" Ethan asks making excuses.

"Pretty soon they will have their own kids and forget about us." He mutters with disgust.

"Grayson."

"You know it's true!" He shouts sad. "Mom is gone and dad is recreating his life again with her. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a kid in less than a year and where does that leaves us? Babysitting on Fridays probably."