Chapter 2: The mysterious wolf

A pair of unusual violet eyes, stare back at the Moonlight Prince. Mordecai takes a step back in surprise and studies the new wolf. He had never seen such quiet and intense actions before. It startled him half to death.
      The violet eyed wolf steps out, staring him down. Whatever the problem was, Mordecai didn't want to start anything. The wolf suddenly speaks up,

      "So, you are the two wanders, huh? What purpose do you have here?" They ask.

      Mordecai looks down at Dust. They look back at the wolf, not saying a word. Neither knew what to exactly say. Dust leans in towards Mordecai, "Psst! What do we say? Telling them we got dropped off by a pirate ship is a little crazy. Suggests?" The ferret whispers. Then a thought hits the Moonlight wolf. Travelers! They weren't real travelers, but at the same time they were.
      "W-we are travelers of Anzellix! We seek the finest of kingdoms and some how we found ourselves here!" Mordecai blurts out in a sudden panic. The wolf's eyes shift towards Mordecai then to Dust. The silver mitt ferret leans in for a second time, "Uh...they're not buying it. At least I don't think." They both look at the wolf and give a nervous smile.
      The violet eyed armored wolf stares blankly then turns around. Mordecai and Dust exchange looks. Then they look back at the wolf.

      "Follow me." The wolf commands, looking back at them.

      They disappear and Mordecai and Dust follow behind. Where ever they were going, the Moonlight Prince hoped for safety.

***

      Princess Aura looks up at the ceiling, groaning. Shade looks at her not saying a word. He could tell the Lightfeather Princess was fed up with waiting for whatever was supposed to happen. She had sat there for minutes maybe even hours. He knew whatever was going to happen was extremely slow.
      The doors burst open and Soul runs in, panting. "I'm so sorry, Miss Aura! We still haven't gotten any word from Inowa. Nothing's coming up." His voice was extremely breathy and exhaustion was written all over his face. Princess Aura sighs, taking a deep breath. "Oh. Alright...no panicking...okay. What!?" What do you mean nothing at all?!" She yells in a panic. Shade flinches, taking a step back, no, several steps back. Something was bothering the princess but, he didn't know what.
      Soul looks down shaking his head. "Is this about Mordecai, my princess? If so, we don't know his location right now, but I'm sure he's fine and alive. "Alive and doing well." Arkoh's voice echos from the hall.
      Princess Aura and Shade look at each other with a smile. "You mean the Vision Gem? Your gem only tracks location. Not anything else." Soul replies with a head shake. The white feathered dragon's dark blue eyes narrow as he stares at Arkoh. Arkoh approaches the dragon with a sigh. His pale green eyes look as if they were glowing with an unusual power. "Yes. It only does that. However, I can tell you the young Moonlight Prince's current location. If you are curious that is." He says giving Shade a glance.
Shade speaks up, "Yes. Please we need to know. I need to know where my nephew is right now." The dark gray wolf nods and sits down, making himself comfortable on the pearl white tile. "Mordecai is in the Starlight Kingdom."