Chapter 8: The mysterious path

"Kai, Ti! How's it been" A familer voice reaches Kai's ears. She turns her head around to see Zip running towards her. "Oh hello, Zip. It's been awhile, hasn't it?" She asks, with a smile. A rush of worry suddenly hits Kai. She had a strong feeling that the young wolf pup would ask for Mordecai. The issue that they all did not know was, where was he?
      Ti grunts and as he spots the den of Elder Keen. "Destiny awaits us" The dark brown wolf states in a sarcastic manner. Kai groans as she remembers her time in the den with Mordecai. The awful odor and elder shenanigans.
      "What's wrong?" The bumble bee pup asks, giving the two older wolves a concerned look. "Oh...nothing. Just about to face the dread of Whale Island. That's all." Ti responds, giving a long sigh. He looks down at the sand, lifting a paw in it. Zip gasps and pulls his attention towards the den. "Oh that...good luck you two" he pauses then looks around "Mordy's not with you, is he?" He then asks, eyeing them. Kai gulps and swiftly turns around. "No, he isn't" she whispers, lowering her head. Ti glances at her, sighing. "Well I hate to spill the beans, but this whole not causing panic about our royal friend has dragged on for too long. Now getting to the point, no he is not with any of us. He's far from home and we don't know where he is to be exact. We can only pray he's safe somewhere. I'm sorry..." Ti admits. He huffs and charges towards the den, leaving Kai and Zip.
      Kai slowly looks up at Zip. His eyes are watery. His foster brother was missing and none knew where he was.
      Kai sits down on the warm sand beneath her, tracing a paw in it. Why did Ti just blurt that out?

***

      Mordecai's eyes fly open and he jolts up. He shakes his head and looks around. His surroundings seemed oddly familiar. The Inner Realm!
      This was in fact the Inner Realm of Anzellix. The one Princess Aura had taken him to. However, it seemed a little different. The area around him was pitch black.
       Mordecai looks down at his paws, seeing a path of starry lights beneath him. Where did it lead? Mordecai wasn't sure what to think but, he knew one thing was certain. I have to follow this path!

***

      Elder Keen looks at the two young wolves, smiling a bit. "Ah, Kai was it? How is everything?" He asks her. Kai pauses for a moment then replies "Oh everything's fine." The Elder frowns and faces Ti, "You must be Arkoh's apprentice, correct?" Ti puffs his chest out, placing a paw in the air. "Indeed I am, sir." Keen chuckles "Such manners. Anyway, what seems to be the problem?" He then asks, looking at Ti then Kai.
      The two wolves look at each other and Kai sighs once more. I'm starting to dislike this guy! She let out a low growl, shutting her eyes. Ti was making her do everything! What was the point of having him? To make things more interesting or annoying? Oh how she wished Mordecai was here instead.
      "We need information on the history of Anzellix or anything! She blurts out, not even bothering to look at Ti. Elder Keen hums for a bit then gasps "Oh! I think I have exactly what you need. The origin of Anzellix! Personally called 'The tale of a dragon and wolf'.

***

      The Moonlight Prince follows the starry path. It seemed like there was no end to it is was there?
      The path finally ends and Mordecai looks up to see the most unexpected thing. An odd looking platform with five animals he had never seen before.