Chapter 21: Plan

Angel quietly circles Celestial-Fury's chamber. The door was secured tight as ever and it seemed as though no one was going to lead a paw.
The King and Queen were clearly still in shock and she needed a plan. There was only one hope left. Find the key get him to help and find the place

***

Angel stops at the Starlit camp and swiftly knocks on the door of a small blue and purple cabin. The door opens and a light blue Starlight wolf looks up with widen eyes.
"Huh. Hi there Captain Angel! Is everything okay?!" They respond quickly.
Angel nods, "Yeah. Is Elrik here? I sort of need him for something."
The Starlight wolf nods and leaves her for a second. He returns back, nearly dragging Elrik with him. "Here yah go, captain! Take care!" He says cheerfully while pushing Elrick out the door.
Elrik sits there quietly then perks up, "AH! Sorry! Is everything okay? Are we doing a training session. I don't mean to be rude but I kinda just ate and well...I don't want cramps. I did sort of have a bad bathroom break a few hours ago a-"
Angel stomps a paw into the ground, "ELRIK! CHILL FOR A SECOND! MORDECAI'S GONE FOR A BAD REASON AND I NEED YOUR HELP!" she shouts angrily, standing in a rather aggressive stance. Her paws were spread out as well as her wings and her chest was heaving.
Elrik whimpers and quietly sits down. Then his eyes widen in fear, "Wait, Mordecai's gone? Is he sick at home or something?" He questions quickly yet quietly.
Angel takes a deep breathe and regains her calmness. "Darkmoon took him some how and I need you to sneak the key for the sword to me, okay?" She answers out of breathe. Her eyes close and she takes a step back. "Do you think you can carry his sword while I try ours?" Angel then asks.
Elrik nods and makes his way to the castle with Angel behind.

***

The Starlight rookie slowly slips the key out from underneath the guard's sleeping figure. The guard tosses and turns but does not wake.
Elrik quickly backs out of the safe room and quietly and gently makes his way past the throne room.
"Oh, Elrik! What brings you here, my boy? A startling welcome from the King makes him jump. He quickly placed the key underneath his hin paw and turns his head. "Oh! My King its nothing really. Just making my way back to the training camp that's all" he answers quickly, while checking his answers. King Cosmos heartfully laughs and Elrick laughs nervously. He slowly begins to pick up his pace and dashes out of the castle.
With a sigh of relief, Elrik collaspes in front of Angel. He lifts the key up with a paw while his face is buried in the ground. "I gof it" he says in a breathless muffle.
Angel carries the key with her mouth and flies over to the temple of Celestial-Fury. Elrik comes up behind her, still out of breath. "Are you sure this is going to work?" He questions in concern.
Elrik did believe in her but this was rather risky. Doing this without the King and Queen's permission? She was a mystery to be solved.

***

Angel pushes and turns the key in the keyhole. With a click, the temple's doors open. It was finally time to end this and she knew it.
The Starlight Princess slowly approaches the sealed sword and stands there in awe.
Celestial-Fury was a chained scarce blade that only the first ever ruler had used. The blade was a shade of light blue and was covered in a purple flame when activated. There was also a single golden star on the front of the handle. It laid dormate for years and this may be the awakening.

***

Mordecai's head ached like crazy. For the past few days, they made him do insane amounts of labor. Drag and move this here! Carry this! It was a whole headache on its one.
His wound from the TidalFall Kingdom had healed but it was now an ugly scar. A scar that would remind him that nothing is easy and peaceful now. Not anymore.
The Moonlight Prince lifts his head to the sound of chains dragging the ground. He looks up and notices a scrawnier looking wolf.
He was barely holding on and the guards continued to ram the end of their spears at him.
"Move it! You waste of air! We got places to be!" A Darkmoon guard shouts, while slamming the spears end on to the wolf's head.
The weaken wolf drops to the ground, whimpering. His ears drop and his tail tucks on between his legs. Within whimpers he covers his face with his paws.
"Cowardly rat! You aren't even a wolf." The other guard says with a laugh.
Mordecai rolls his eyes and he turns his attention to a half empty bowl. The bowl was filled every three hours with rather questionable meals. It was either fish that was poorly washed off or a dead rat or two. He didn't even bother eating it. The food was left there to rot even more.
After another hour had passed and Catherine had appeared with Hin.
The door shut behind them and the Darkmoon General and Second in Command slowly approached his cell. "What a sight to see! He barely wants his food. What do ya think, Cat? Hin asks, heckling under his breath.
Catherine stares at the Moonlight Prince with a sigh "I guess he'll just die then. Starvation is a cruel thing to put upon someone. Even if it's that person's own fault. Moon Child! Head up!" The general commands quickly.
Mordecai's tail twitches and he obeys. A hint of anger flashes in his eyes. I can't wait to blow this place up or something. I'm like their little play toy. It's down right pathetic.
Hin laughs triumphantly and skids past his cell.
Catherine walks closer to the cell and smirks. "Are you having fun, little moon? Its quite sad not seeing you eat. Without strength you will perish. Perish before seeing our lord rather. Do you want that?" She asks with her tail flickering and curling to her paws.
"No. I apologize." He responds with his head down. Oh, you make me want to die! Can't wait to. If I do, hope your lord's joyful either way! You sad excuse for a cat! Anger was finding a way into the his system but only inside. Mordecai knew if he made on wrong move his powers would clearly perish.
"Good. Can't wait to end this silly excuse of a prophecy. Once and for all." Catherine turns around and heads towards the door of the isolated cell. Hin follows behind and gives an uncomfortable toothy grin. The door slams shut.
"You're not tough at all, kitty. I know you have a weak side. Keeping him here won't do you and your master any good." A voice suddenly whispers in the shadows.
Mordecai jumps and looks around in confusion. "Hello? Who are you?" He asks, scanning the dark room.
With a few flaps, a dark bird larger than a crow, lands on front of him. Mordecai takes a step back and his eyes narrow. A raven? What are they doing here?
"I'm Ebony. Sent by Jauthum. She didn't tell you everything. I'm a Bi-Guardian. A manifestation of her magic and she's able to tell me were to go without any detection from anyone. Not even Darkmoon." The raven informs him, raising her head to see his face.
"Bi-Guardian? What? Can the rest do that?" Mordecai questions out of curiosity. All of this information was out of the blue. Was Ebony basically a spy from the Guardian of Darkness. Everything was making his head spin.
      Ebony narrows her eyes then spreads her wings open. "I'm here to help and some others are on their way. Don't worry, kid.