Chapter 5: Astral

The morning sky of pink and orange seemed to cover only half of it. The sun was rising and the sound of birds chirping was heard all around the kingdom.
      Angel awoke from her slumber, yawning. She stretches her body out and leaps off the bed. The Starlight wolf slowly walks to her door, opening it with sigh. She heads towards the room of her cousin and his friend.
      She presses the side of her head to the door, listening for any sounds of movement. They were fast asleep. Now, she knew she could sneakily leave them.
      Angel runs down the stairs and heads towards the doors of the palace. She slowly creaks doors open, looking for any villages. The coast was clear and she pushes on door open. Angel tip toes out and runs straight through the village.
The violet wolf halts and looks around. That sign...where is the sign...oh! Then she spots her desired sign, 'Bat of Fruits'. She stares at it then snorts. They changed the sign...dweebs!
She heads past the sign and on to the path. There she would see a particular friend of her's.

***

      Mordecai slowly opens his eyes, blinking tiredly. Where on Anzellix's grounds did I sleep? He stretches his legs out and looks down. Oh snap, I forgot I slept on the windowsill! The Moonlight wolf jumps off the windowsill and looks up towards the bed. There he say a very sprawled out ferret on the bed. He shakes his head with a small quiet laugh and heads downstairs.

***

      Angel stops at a large tree, examining it. There were a number of fruit bats hanging off it. There was only one she was certainly looking for.

      "Astral!" She shouts, "Where are you?"

      Suddenly a small raven furred fruit bat pops its head out. It wiggles its ears and sticks its pink tongue out.

      "Hi! Angle!" She squeaks.

      "It's...Angel, you were close this time." Angel replies with a sigh.

      "Oh, sorry! Imma come down now. Dat okay with you?"

      "Yeah. Sure, come down. I got you."

      Astral adjustes her wings and feet. She spreads her bat wings open and jumps. Her wings carry her swiftly towards Angel. She lands of the Starlight wolf's head, laughing. "You got dem bananas?" She squeaks angrily, staring at Angel with large begging eyes. Angle laughs and turns around, walking towards the path she came from.

***

      Mordecai looks around, seeing no sign of Angel. Where is she? He was worried now. She had told him the day before that she wanted him to meet someone but, who?
      The doors push open and there stood Angel. He noticed something different about her. She had a small winged creature sitting on top of her head. What was it? It looked like a bat but, it wasn't like the ones he and Dust were chased by.

      "Hiiii!" It squeaks, while wiggling its ears.

      Mordecai couldn't help but break into a laugh. This was the most cutest thing he had ever seen. The bat gasps and frowns at him. "He laughed at me!" Angel snickers, "Duh! Of course he did. You're goofy." The bat stares for a moment. "Oooh. I get it!" They the stick their tongue out, puffing their cheeks out and making a farting noise. Both wolves laugh their heads off. It was like a child, a sweet adorable child. They couldn't resist.
      "Hey! What's all the noise down there?" A familiar voice, shouts down the stairs. Mordecai looks up to see Dust standing near the stairs, staring down at them. The ferret cautiously hops down the stairs, landing on the floor beneath him. He looks up to see the bat staring at him wide eyed. "W-what is that?!" He yelps. The silver mitt ferret quickly takes several steps back.
      Angel gasps. "Oh, I almost forgot! Mordecai, Dust, this is Astral. Astral, this is Mordecai, and Dust." She introduces them.
"Hi there, Astral. What kind of bat are you?" Mordecai asks with a grin. "I'm a foot bat!" Astral squeals. The wolves and ferret all look at each other and laugh.

      "Astral, you're a fruit bat." Angel corrects her.

      "Nuh. I'm a foot bat. I kick people in the face when I'm triggered!" Astral squeaks angrily.

      "Fine, you can be a foot bat all you want." Angel mumbles in defeat.

      "You!" the fruit bat blurts, pointing a wing at Dust, "You are a snake cat!"

      "Fair enough but, why do I have the title of snake cat?" He questions, eyeing her.

      "You! Are a snake cat. That's final." "Then you!" Astral states pointing her other wing at Mordecai, "You are a moon butt!" The Moonlight Prince snorts in laughter. This fruit bat really is a keeper.
      Angel shakes her head in laughter. "We should wake your aunt and uncle up now." She states, smiling at Mordecai. He nods and they walk up the stairs.
"You're now officially a noddle woddle!" Astral laughs, sticking her tongue out at Dust. Dust frowns, "Why are you torturing me with name calling?" He asks with a sigh. The black fruit bat sneezes then wiggles her ears once more. "You nincompoop! It's because I'm a fruit bat! That's what we do!" Mordecai laughs to himself. This was one weird friendship that he would enjoy.