Chapter 4: First My Phone Then My Earbuds What's Next!?

Today had gone past in a single blur. Now as I sit in my window seat and watch the sunset I'm starting to think that Alpha Kade was just bluffing. That would be a giant put down for my father; he has been talking about all day. I rest my head against the wall ready to fall asleep.

"Sis, Alpha coming up the driveway!" Joey shouts barging into my room. I shot up and out the door but it was too late. Alpha Kade was already standing at the bottom of the stairs with his beta and Gama. My mom and dad stand feet away from him with huge grins on their face.

"Oh there she is Alpha Kade." My mom says pointing to me. I smile down the stairs at her and my father. I open my mouth to tell Kade to go suck a duck.

"Alpha Kade I just want to thank you for allowing us to come on your land. I have had so rough patches in my life but now that is the past. I couldn't think of any better place to call home." I snap my mouth close. Wow dad really now you want to go all dark past on me?

Kade simply nods his head at my father before turning to me. His mouth press into a thin line, his face blank shows no signs of emotions. I make my way down the stairs not sure how to approach this. Everybody turns to me as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"You can do this." My brother whispers. I squeeze my eyes shut for just a few seconds before snapping them open. This isn't a dream and I really have to make a life changing decision. I let out a deep breath, I can do this right???

I turn to face Kade and stare into light green eyes. Before he can open his mouth I jump into his arms wrapping my hand securely around his neck. Both the Beta and Gama tense up ready to fight. Kade tense as well, I don't think he was expecting a hug.

"Thank you for choosing me as your Luna." I say loud enough for everybody to hear. His hands slowly wrap around my waist and he lifts my feet off the floor.

I just signed my soul to devil might as will go and buy a fiddle. Kade puts me back onto the floor but keeps his hand on my waist. With the other free hand he reaches it out to my father.

"I hope to see you soon Leo." He says. Before my dad can say anything my mom cuts in.

"Please Alpha, why don't you join us for dinner?" Please say no; I chant in my head.

"Regrettably, I have a lot of Alpha duties to attend to." I try and wiggle out of his hold but instead he just tightens his grip.

"Too bad, I really hope you can join us another time." My mom says using her puppy dog eyes. Really mom you pull out puppy dog eyes? Why not something else like I don't know a knife, solid sliver maybe?

"I will be here tomorrow defiantly." He says releasing me and walking to the front door.

"Then tomorrow I set the table for five then." My mom claps her hands and walks into the dining room.

My dad nods his head and says goodbye to the Alpha before heading after my mom. My brother waits behind probably for me and I can tell he is trying to not glare at the Alpha because he is keeping his head. Not in a submissive position oh no; he simply is angry at the floor.

"Joey give your sister some private time with her mate!" My mom calls. Joey huffs and walks into the dining room. Once everybody is out of sight Kade spins me around facing him.

"Why did you agree?" He growls his voice low.

"Because I love my family and don't want them to suffer because of me." I yank my arm away from and walk into the dining room. I make sure I am smiling my biggest as I walk into the dining room. Both my mom and dad have huge grins on their face. As long as they're happy, I remind myself.