Chapter 16: New History

YOU MUST READ THE AUTHOR NOTE AT THE END! IT DETERMINES THE FATE OF THIS STORY!

-Aubrey's P.O.V-

Estella is speaking at one hundred words per second. I have no idea what she is saying or why. She was dragging me around the pack house pointing out one thing or another. I think we had past a den and kitchen; however, it may have just been more and more rooms.

We came to abrupt stop and I collided with her back.

"And this is where you will be staying." I look over her shoulder to the dark double doors. Carvings spread around the door.

"Fancy..." I say.

Estella nods her head and pushes the doors open. The whole room had a black and red velvet them. A dark king sized bed against the middle of the far wall. French windows leading to what I hope to be a balcony. The room was pretty vague. There are two other doors, one I am guessing to be a bathroom the other a closet.

"This is Demetrius room old room, he doesn't stay here much though. He built his own house just a little bit away. It's pretty nice cabin. Small, quiet, very Demetrius like." Estella nods to herself looking off into the distance.

"Estella." I jump slightly with the new found voice behind me. We both spin around and my jaw falls to the floor.

The man standing behind me is a splitting image of Demetrius. His hair was slowly graying but he has the same forest green eyes. The same strong chiseled jaw line. Even down to the same voice and confident stance. He just looks more then a few years older.

"Hey dad, I was just showing Aubrey around." The mans eyes trained on me. I feel like I'm shrinking underneath his gaze.

"Come with me Aubrey." He says swiftly turning around and starts walking away.

I stay standing in my place scared to move. Estella gives me a little push and that gets my moving. I follow closely behind him.

"I know Demetrius is hard to deal with. His whole life I taught him how to be Alpha. I was never worried about him having trouble finding his mate. I realized what grave mistake I made when I saw you and him at the party."

I gasp, I never knew his father was there! I keep my mouth shut not sure how to respond.

"When I heard you two arguing and heard how Demetrius handled it. I was severely disappointed, he may be Alpha but that is no way to treat a women. I guess it is my wife's and I fault for not teaching him social skills. What I am trying to say Aubrey is sorry and I really hope you forgive me son for what everything he has done."

The man stops and stares at me. My eyes are wide and I am not even sure I know how to speak English.

"Ummm." He is just so intimidating, I'm not sure rather to run or hide.

"No need to answer, if you wish to decline the Luna position I will handle Demetrius for you."

"No-no you don't need to do that. Yes, Demetrius has messed up and a lot. I know it's not something I will just forget about but it's something we are working on. Demetrius may be possessive, stubborn, ignorant, a control freak, and many other things, but that's his nature. I guess in the beginning, I saw only the bad traits he has. I wanted to give myself a reason to hate him. I reason to get rid of him, I was scared because I was in unfamiliar territory. I feel together and with help Demetrius and I can find equal grounds and stay there. It may take some time but I think we can do it. And who know maybe I can handle this whole Luna thing." The man stares at me before he gives me a small smile.

"I think you will do just fine. I also wanted to let you in on one more thing." He says before turning and opening another set of double doors.

This time it a office and I am for sure it belongs to Demetrius. The man walks behind the large wooden desk. He opens a drawer and pulls out a file. He drops it on the desk and I go to open. He snaps it shut and I flinch. The atmosphere quickly becomes thick as he stares at me.