Chapter 19: When The Fight Ends

-Aubrey P.O.V-

Stumbling onto all fours I break again into a dashing run.

Let me take over. My wolf voice echoes in my head. 

I’ve never done anything think like this before. I push myself back into my head and a surge of power shoot through me. I can see the wood flying past but I can’t feel myself.  It is like looking through a window glass but in your own perspective. Touching the freshly Windex glass but not feeling it.

I can do nothing but watch as my wolf rushes us towards a tree. What are you doing?!  I scream in my own head. There is no response; I continue to speed toward to the tree. I try closing my eyes but the just stay open.

No, no, no, no, no….. I chant to myself as my wolf hurls us towards the tree. I brace myself for impact; spuriously my wolf and I leap into the air latching onto the tree. We spin around airborne still and just enough time to see the two hyenas’ crash into each other.

Stupid cats.

We dash back into the direction we came. Wait wasn’t the king Cease---. All of the air is knocked out of me as fly into a rock slide.

Damn we are corned.

I am in a u-shape cliff fall off that just happens to have a rock slide. I feel myself fade back into the control as grunting captain ape walks towards me.

“You think you can escape me!” He roars.I stand as tall as I can even though everything inside of me is begging for me to fall into the dirt.

The beast raises his hand and I attack just as he swing his furry black arm out to hit. I latch onto his shoulder and bite down as hard as I possibly can. Using my opponents weight against him is one of the few things my dad has taught me.

I curve around his large frame sending him catapulting into one of the cliff edges. His mighty roar just about shakes the leaves off the trees above us. The other two hyenas run into the u-shape rock slide and start circling me.

I try to keep up with their movements but they are going in opposite directions.

“Wait!” The gorilla screams. 

Both hyenas stop and look to him. He must be their leader. He rises up on his hind legs and sniffs the air. Fear feels his eyes and shakes his head.

“Run!” he bellowed. The gorilla turns into cheetah and sprints away.

The hyenas on the other hand look a lot more confused.  A powerful growl rips through the air and a giant black wolf leaps off the cliff above me.  Scrambling both hyenas try to get away but more wolves followed the other one.

The black wolf clamped its jaws around the hyena next and threw against the cliff side. Whining two more wolves grabs the hyena and drags him away. I scan around for the other hyena but he seems to have got away along with the gorilla.

The black walks over to me and pushes his snout into my side. He makes a whimpering sound and pushes me again.

It’s Demetrius, my wolf says.

I got that from the pushing at my injured side! Demetrius stops and backs up a little bit.  Another wolf who I know is my father come up to me and tries to lift me up. I snap at him and he jolts back. I roll over onto my fight and force myself. I grunt in pain as I stand on all four paws. I let my wolf take over for that she can do the walking.

Aubrey, let me help you. I turn to my left and see Demetrius staring at me intently.

How are you in my head?