Chapter 9: A Change In Living Arrangements

I had been glaring at Kade since I woke up this morning. I haven't said anything to him either. Will I did say something to him. You know I will just start from the beginning.

When I woke up this morning I realized something; I was incredibly warm. Then I noticed that an arm was trapping me down in my bed. Shortly after I screamed and pushed Kade off my bed. The last time he slept in my room, he was gone before I woke up. I was expecting him to be gone when I woke up this morning.

Once Kade hit the floor with a thud, my dad barged into my room. He was armed and dangerous with spatula. What is with my family and cookware as weapons? Do they not realize that they are wolves or nah?

"Oh, Alpha Kade I didn't know you were here. I was actually on my way to the meeting Beta Brayden just called. " My dad bowed in respect.

"No worries Leo, no disrespect at all." My dad was glancing in between Kade and me.

At first I didn't understand why he was looking so shocked. Then I noticed that Kade was waking up in my room shirtless!

"Wait dad it isn't what it looks like!" I yelled waving my hands frantically.

"It's ok Aubrey I understand you guys are mates, it is all a part of the process umm, and I will speak to your mother about this."

"Wait dad I-

"Alpha Kade will you be attending the meeting?" My dad said cutting me off.

"No I will not. Can I speak to you privately Leo." My father nodded his head and him and Kade walked away.

They returned a few minutes later talking in hush voices. The only thing I got from it was we will talk later as a family. You know how bad that sounds! Family meeting only happen when bad things happen! You know how many family meetings our family has had? None, at all!!!

So when I asked Kade what was going on and he said we will talk later. I took it very seriously and now I'm not speaking to him until he tells me what is going on. To add on to it I didn't go to school today because Kade says I have more important things to do. Because Kade knows whatever happens in my head and he knows exactly the plans I have. (Catch the sarcasm)

"Aubrey, will you stop acting like a child and eat." Kade says snapping me back to the present.

I don't say anything but I do start eating. I didn't even think Kade could cook but when he was making his way around the kitchen I was in utter shock. I smack my lips at the delicious sight in front of me. Pancakes, bacon and eggs may seem simple but put together like an art piece and you get a whole new story.

I bite my tongue to suppress the moan that is threatening to come out. Do I dare say that he may cook better than my mom?

"I'm glad that you enjoy my cooking." Kade says staring at me.

I take another bite and just stare at him. Kade narrows his eyes at me before turning away.

"I know what you are doing, and I'm still not going to talk about it until your father gets back."

Darn flabbit he knows! I don't understand how he can read me so easily. I mean I have my shields up and he shouldn't be able to get past those. Well, unless he has some strange in-human wolf superpowers. Oh wait, that is impossible unless you think abnormal strength, vision and speed as superpowers.

"Aubrey, you're here it was so quite down here I didn't expect anyone to be here." Joey says walking into the kitchen. He eyes my plate of food before scoping up my fork and taking a bite.

"Good morning Joey and I am not talking Kade right now." I say looking directly at my brother I can feel Kade drilling a hole in my head.

"Oh, what did he do now?"