Chapter 5: Dinner With The Wolves

I stare at the clock as the second tick down. My last class of the day is seconds from ending and I am so unhappy. The one day I beg time to slow down it decides to be speedy freaking Gonzalez. Now don’t get me wrong I really hate school it’s just now I have to ride home with Kade.

Brrriiinnnnnggg!

I swear to you his name is a curse! I drop my head on the table maybe I can just sleep it out.

“Hey little sis you coming?” I glare up at Joey. “You know you are just postponing the inevitable because he is coming for dinner.” I stand up out of my seat and grab Joey by his jacket collar and shake him fiercely.

“Stop reminding me!!!” He holds his hands up.

“Alright fine but let’s go; I will give you a ride home.” I narrow my eyes at him.

“Are you trying to anger an Alpha?”

“What are you talking about little sis? I know nothing about him giving you a ride home…” Joey winks at me. My mouth forms into a ‘O’.

“Ahhh alright let go before he comes!” I grab his arm and sprint to the exit.

Once we reach Joey car I let out my breath.

“And we are home---

A loud growl rips through the parking lot. A growl only an Alpha can make. A growl that makes everybody bows their heads in submission including Joey and I. Darn flabbit caught right in the act!

“Where do you think you’re going?” He growls. I turn and face him.

“You know just heading home.” I say causally.

“I told you I was coming to pick you and YOU!” He says pointing an accusing finger at Joey. “You know what type of trouble you can get in for disobeying an Alpha!”

My brother opens and closes his mouth not sure what to say.

“He has nothing to do with this!” I say butting in. “He didn’t know you were supposed to pick me up. I asked him and he just agreed knowing nothing of the sort.” I can feel Joeys gaze on me but I know what I am doing.

“Why would you do that?” Kade says pulling me close to him. I place my hand on his cheek.

“I wanted to get ready before you got there. I didn’t want to be wearing a mickey-mouse sweater and jeans to dinner.” I laugh and pull him into a hug. Kade tightens his grip on my waist.

“You look great in anything you wear.” He whispers sweetly in my ear. I lay my head on his chest and try to suppress my laughter. I am such a good actress; I could be paid for this.

“Then I will see you at the house.” I look up into his shimmering green eyes with a fake smile on my face.

“Alright.” He releases me and I turn to my brother. He mumbles something underneath his breath before getting in the car. Kade kisses my temple and opens the door for me.

“I will see you soon.” I nod my head and shut my door. My brother zips out of the parking lot and I grip the handle before I fly through the window.

“You are too good of an actress to be stuck in this small town.” Joey says drifting around the corner,

“Oh please I know my brother! May my love thy march on!” Joey whips into the driveway.

“I think I just smashed your record.” I get out of the car with a huff. “Don’t be mad Bre the day will come.” I stomp into the house trying to ignore my brothers roaring laughter behind me.