~9~

TWO BIRDS ON A WIRE (inspiration for this chapter)
Also I drew the thing above instead of paying attention to society.

Burr - Heeeeeeeyyyyyy
Alex - Heeeeeeeyyyy
John - Hi!
Burr - I'm having a get together with everybody at my house tonight! Thought you might wanna come?
Alex - OH WERE GONNA GET SO DRUNK!!!
Burr - YEAH WE ARE!!!

Aaron and Alex laughed and high five with each other. The party sounded like fun, and it's not like I have any where to go then just follow Alex like a lost puppy. But I've never had alcohol before, I've heard what it can do to people. I don't wanna be like them. I think Alex noticed that I was having other thoughts about getting drunk.

Alex - We'll totally see you tonight Aaron! But we gotta go!
Burr - Okay! See ya there!

Alex waved and turned to my side. We looked like the biggest gays walking down the hall. But then again, almost all of the people I know are gay.

I had told the school that I wanted to walk around for a few days, deciding if I wanted to go to this school next year or not. They agreed to let me walk around as long as I tried to be responsible. Honestly, I was lying. It's not like I had the money for school or anything. I just wanted an excuse to see my friends.

Alex - Are you okay John?
John - I just...I've never gotten drunk before. I know what it can do to people. I don't want to go all crazy.
Alex - John, it will be alright.
John - As long as Lin isn't there I'll be fine.
Alex - Please, that piece of shit is staying at home.

I smiled at Alex. He wrapped his arm around me and walked confidently through the halls. He could face the crowd. He could be seen with me and still act proud.

----------

Before I knew it, I had my arm around John again as we stood in Aaron's living room. His house was titanic in size, almost like the Schuylers. I saw Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy sitting on the couch, talking together. Charles was messing around with Hercules and Lafayette in the corner. Jefferson was joking with Burr, and James and Sam seemed to be bored in the corner.

Jefferson rushed into the kitchen with Lafayette and they both screamed when they found the alcohol. Everyone who looked at the two boys thought they were brothers. It was really hard to believe that they weren't. They looked and acted exactly alike. Except, Lafayette isn't an annoying asshole.

All of us just started to drink, and drink, and drink. My world turned different colours and I could barely process what was happening in front of me. John appeared next to me and pulled on my jacket and led me away from the crowd.

Alex - Heeeeyyyy baby girl
John - Alex! When did you get so god damn drunk?!
Alex - When did you get so god damn adorable. You single?
John - Yes.
Alex - Well if an change that! Just don't tell your soulmate!
John - Alex you're my soulmate.
Alex - I AM?!! HOW DID I GET SO LUCKY?!!
John - Please, if anything you got unlucky.
Alex - I'm gonna go talk to chilly, but how bout when I get back, we strip down to our socks.
John - ALE-

I flailed around till I reached Burr. He had his arm hanging over Angelica who also looked like she had too much to drink. If she wasn't like this, she definitely wouldn't have even let Burr touch her.

Alex - HEY CHILLY!!!
Burr - HEY SALAMANDER!!!
Angelica - HEY ALEX!! WE WERE JUST ABIUT TO PLAY SPIN THE BOTTLE! YOU IN?!!
Alex - HELL YES!!!