Chapter 29

You would think being home for me would be relaxing, but it wasn't the week I was home after the Augusta MAGcon.

Nationals was that weekend, and I was going. I spent most of the week at the dance studio practicing my dances.

On Saturday, I picked up my bag and hugged my mom, dad, and brothers goodbye. I then got on the bus and got ready for the 2 hour ride to Indi and the competition.

Our bus wasn't very big, but since it was only Elle and us for girls going to the competition we each got our own seat.

The ride their was pretty boring, with some girls talking quietly and some like me, who were listening to music.

We soon got there and unloaded the bus and made our way to our dressing room. Once there, we automatically started getting ready. The first dance we had was our group dance.

I had a really pretty white dress for this costume, while Callie, Brooklyn, and Olivia had equally as pretty black dresses.

I had just finished putting the last Bobby pin in my bun when my phone dinged. I picked it up and saw I had been mentioned in a tweet.

I went to see what the tweet was, and I almost chocked when I saw who had posted it.

Loren Beech had posted a photo of her at my dance competition with the MAGcon boys, Geo, Baby Ariel, Zach Clayton, Mario Selman, Weston Koury, Bryce Hall, and Jordyn Jones.

"Hey Cass did you see-" Callie started. I just nodded, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

A couple minutes later we were standing in the wings, just as the group before us finished. They did, and the announcer introduced our dance.

"Please welcome to the stage, teen group 'Suicide Hotline'." Brooklyn, Callie, and Olivia went out. (Dance up top. Cass is the one in the white dress, Callie the one with the brown hair in the black dress, Brooklyn the girl with the blonde hair, and Olivia the African American girl.)

As the remaining girls on stage hit their final poses I hear clapping from the audience. I winced as I heard the magcon guys whooping.

After that dance we only had a little time before Callie, Olivia, and I's trio. We put on our dresses, did our hair, and rushed to the wings of the stage. (Callie is the shorter girl with brown hair, Olivia is the taller girl with brown hair, and Cass is the girl with blonde hair.
This is the dance:

Again, the Magcon boys whooped after the dance. This time, more people than just them did it.

For solos, Callie and Olivia were both 14 so they were in the 14-16 age group while me and Brooklyn were in the 11-13 age group.

Out of Callie and Olivia, Callie usually won. And out of me and Brooklyn, it usually went either way.

Olivia's solo was first. This is it:

It was so good I was speechless after it. Callie was going to have to work hard to win.

Callie looked really nervous before going onstage. This is her dance:

As usual, she was good, but I wasn't sure she was going to beat Olivia.

They always did awards at the end, so we didn't have to wait for that.

I was nervous because Brooklyn was going before me and I didn't like that because then I felt inferior when I went on stage.

This is her dance:

Her costume was my favorite thing ever, and he dance was so pretty. I was really nervous as I took the stage.

This is my dance:

During the middle of my dance, one of the plastic straps on my costume broke. I ignored it and continued dancing my heart out.

Towards the end of the dance. Some of the people who came to watch me started screaming, "I will wait!" Along with the music. I internally smiled.

I raced back to the dressing room after my dance and put on a jacket before going back to the stage for awards.

We won for the group dance and the trio. I was happy about that.

Then we came to the 14-16 age group awards. We held our breaths as they called awards. "And second place goes to Callie for 'Last Love Song.'" We all clapped. The lady continued. "And first place goes to Olivia for 'Lay Me Down!'" We all cheered for Olivia and I saw Callie trying to keep her smile on her face.

Now it was time for 11-13 awards. They called places. "3rd place goes to Brooklyn for 'I Will Wait.'"

What? Third place? Sure that means I didn't place.

Second place went to someone I didn't know. Suddenly my name was being called for first and there was cheering coming from the audience. I had won nationals!

My smile was so big it stretched across my whole face. I looked into the audience and saw the people who had come for me cheering loudly. That made my smile even bigger.

After we finished getting our stuff together, I went out to the lobby and met up with my fan section. Geo handed me flowers and I blushed. "Thanks," I said.

While everyone was congratulations me someone had to come and mess it up. "I don't see what the big deal is. She's not even good." Jordyn said. Everyone turned around to glare at her.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all." Ariel defended. I smiled at you.

"Thank you." I thanked.

She smiled back. "No problem. Some people just don't know when to shut their mouths."

-----------------------------
A/N
Two updates in one week! I'm actually really proud of myself. I might be ending the book in a few chapters (don't hate me, I just have another idea for a new book.)
Bye!
-Lindsey