Chapter 14: A Nice Surprise

I'm sorry I've been gone for so long, and it may take a while to keep a regular schedule...Reas the note at the end my sweeties. c: <3
~~~
Levi's Perspective

My alarm had went off, just like every morning. It's been nearly a month since the airport incident, and I've been back at work with Eren missing me everyday. It has been hard since I have a lot to catch up on, but we do need the money--and my pay is the highest, not higher than Erwin, but still high. It has nearly been caught up with Erwin's actually; I get far too many raises. But I am actually the best worker there can be. I'm neat, clean, and a hard worker; you barely see people like me.

Eren was sound asleep as I took off all my clothing and put on my work clothes. He didn't seem to wake up from the blaring alarm--which had always surprised me--but I was glad. I wanted Eren to get as much sleep as he could...he won't be getting any sleep the week I had planned ahead. He was going to be sore after this one, and so was I. It was understandable; Eren and I are both sex crazed men and we need each other.

After eating breakfast and being ready, I went to the bedroom and kissed Eren's cheek, then leaving the apartment and going down the elevator. I always hated this part--I always hated feeling the sad feeling I gets not being with my love all day. I just wanted it to be the end of the day so I could tell Eren to pack up all of his stuff. Today was Thursday, and tomorrow Eren and I were leaving to go to a beach house in Rose. I already had the plane tickets in order, and we were going to be gone for the weekend up until Thursday. The weather had gotten much better, and there was no snow anymore. It was still chilly, but that was after every time it rained. In Rose, it was quite warm since it was down and not up. The beach house is actually owned by my foster family...

My foster family...I clenched my fists as I thought about my real parents and what they had done. I didn't let anyone in my life know that I came from the foster family after my own family...had me taken away.

I didn't pay attention to the topic anymore as I drove to the office. It wasn't that long of a drive--only ten minutes--but it still felt like forever. It felt like time was moving slowly, and that I was moving slowly as I walked into the office doors. The desk lady greeted me with a smile, but I didn't return it back as I headed straight for the elevator. I wanted to be home and not in this place, but I did earn a lot of money. I've been working at the company for years now, and we recently had moved to this area. That is one of the reasons why I had moved with Eren to this place. From where Eren and I used to live, Rose was twenty-one hours away. It made no difference, of course, but I would think Eren missed everyone of his friends and that he wish he could see them...

The day went by slowly...I went fast with my work so I could get home earlier than expect and surprise Eren. I was soft, but only around him; I just can't be mean with that brat. I love him to death and it's only been such a short time. I was out the door as soon as every paperwork I had to complete was completed, and I was able to go home. Driving home went slowly, though, I didn't really care. I just wanted to be home, and that's all I thought about. My mind wouldn't get off the topic of being with Eren at home again, and it would stop thinking about him no matter what the situation. When I arrived at the apartment complex, I ran inside the building after locking the car, and ran to the elevator. I was impatient, but I wanted to be with Eren right now from how long I've been away from him. Finally, the elevator opened up and I went inside, tapping my foot as I pressed the button and waited for the doors to close and the elevator to go up. It was taking too long for me to handle, but I still tapped my foot impatient and waited.

The elevator stopped on the floor that I was heading up to, and Eren was already waiting for me by the elevator door.

"Eren!" I yelled and hugged him tightly, but not too tight to hurt him. I still needed to be careful.