Chapter 18: Hospital

Don't hate me for this chapter you guys! And it seems like I'm not changing formating~ the chapter gets better as it goes on!
~~~

Eren's Perspective...

I saw nothing but darkness when the car had came at me. It felt like I was sleeping...and my body was numb. I felt no pain, staring up at the night sky, my mind intoxicated, but thoughts still running through my mind. I heard screaming, and sirens...I saw flashing lights. I didn't know what was going on. But, I couldn't move my head...I couldn't move my body. I felt lifeless.

'What is going on?' I want to say, but my mouth couldn't even move, and my voice would work. I was breathing heavily, and felt my body slowly get colder and colder. I felt like I was dying, but my eyes were still open. I didn't even notice that I was picked up and carried on a gurney when the scenery changed, and I was staring up at a ceiling. No...a ceiling of an ambulance. I was...

Hit.

That was the only thing I remembered when I fell asleep...into the deadly sleep that I shouldn't have been in. They told me to keep awake, but my eyes fell. I didn't die, though, thank god...but I felt dead. I didn't feel alive anymore. I felt as if all the life in body had been sucked out...my body was just lifeless now. I hate it...I hated feeling dead.

The next time I woke up, I was in a room. I white room with a window, curtins, a TV hanging, and hearing the beeping of the machine. The little machine that held my life...the little machine that I had gotten used to before when I was in the hospital because of my heart. I still couldn't move my body, but I saw people crowding around me. I couldn't talk because I felt like my voice was strained. I tried picking my head up, but I couldn't. I even had a breathing mask on to help me breathe.

They didn't take it off...but all I could mutter was, "How long was I out..."

I could hear everyone...someone even spoke up and said, "Y-You've been out a few months...I think...five?" It sounded just like a person named...Levi?

"Five..." I muttered, soon closing my eyes, only having the breathing machine help me. I wasn't going to talk anymore. My throat burned, and I felt like I was going to die if I spoke anymore. So I just laid there...feeling lifeless yet again. I was weak, and this wasn't the first time in my life that I have been weak. It sucked, I can tell you that, but I had to deal with it just like always...just like before. I had no family, but now I have my family and friends. I have my...who are these people again?

"Levi...at least your Eren is back. I'm glad that he is. I've missed my step brother so much. He woke up when you touched his hand. It's like he knew you were the one there, so he just awoke. You're some kind of special person to him, and I want you to treat him like he's special as well," A girl with a red scarf spoke up, speaking kind words that I've never heard before. "I want you to do that for me...I want you to protect him...not hurt him."

Levi nodded, wiping something off his face. Tears? He couldn't quite remember Levi, now that he thought about it. He only really remember his name and voice.

"..." That's right...I'm Eren Jaeger...I was hit by a car. What had happened to me after that...? I was in a coma...six whole months. This was like a new introduction to myself--it is. "Who are you people...?"

I had classified them as friends and family already, so I knew all of them. But, I just didn't know their names or what they meant to me. It frustrated me greatly, but my mouth could barely force out the words that needed to be said. Though, all their faces made me frown, if I wasn't already frowning. They look saddened by that question.

Then the introductions came around, and I was just crying randomly. I didn't know what was going on, and I could barely move my body. I wanted to get up and walk, but I couldn't...I couldn't feel my legs at all. That damned car...I couldn't even remember anything that happened before it, and I was shocked that I could remember even getting hit...but who wouldn't? The feeling was quick, and your body goes numb for just awhile...then you fall asleep...it depends on what happens. I was out into a coma, but I couldn't remember a lot of the pain because of that...didn't even remember myself for awhile there, and that means I can't remember a lot...