Chapter 22: His Perfect Smile

It was that smile that made Levi always smile back. It always the smile that made Levi feel as if he were on cloud nine and was never coming back down. Every single moment felt as if he were on cloud nine. This was all because of Eren Jaeger.

Eren Jaeger; the boy who survived from heart disease; the boy who survived being hit by a car; the boy who had asked Levi for his hand in marriage. This was the boy that was always full of surprises and always seemed to pull through no matter what the circumstances were. He was the male who was younger than Levi, but seemed so mature in the eyes of the older male. Eren Jaeger was absolute perfection no matter what. He never thought Eren would ever feel sadness again-Eren was simply too happy to be the one who was saddened. Eren didn't fit the description of sadness, even though Levi had seen him at a high peak in sadness, all for his own stupid mistake.

Levi never wanted to make this male sad again. He never wanted to make the male feel such sadness to where he would never get to see that male again. Levi wanted Eren to be forever his and no one else's-he would never be able to bear that thought of the other leaving him for someone else. Never would he allow it anyways, even if it meant locking the male in his basement for the rest of his life... He didn't care; he would do anything for this male.

Every time he stared at this male, he would smile and simply get looked at oddly, but would smile even more, even though it was so unlike him from his usual boring expression, he always was smiling no matter what the circumstance. Over and over again he would always say to himself that he would smile no matter what. That was what he would forever say to himself; it would become his motto of some sorts.

"What are you staring at?"

"You."

"Why me?"

"Because you're Eren," Levi simply said.

As soon as Eren blushed, Levi wrapped his arms tightly around his waist and pulled him close, burying his head into his chest. He hated shit such as that; he hated being close; he hated being touched; hated romance... But that was the him in the past, before he had met Eren again. Eren was his light, either way, since he had met him before he even knew him, in a sense-he hadn't talked to him much that night, except to see if he were okay; the rest was fuzzy. It didn't matter to him-as long as he had Eren now, he was okay. No, he was more than okay...he was perfect.

A small smile formed on Levi's lips as took in the scent of his lover, continuing to breathe softly against his chest. Eren had widened his eyes before smiling, softly, and moved his hand to rub Levi's head. Sometimes Levi could act like a child and Eren the adult; it always made Eren laugh when he compared what they were like to Levi and Levi would feel embarrassed. It didn't seem like Levi even minded the fact that it was ever said, only just blushing and continued to act like a child - it made Eren wonder a few things... How could this man, who used to be cold to everyone in sight and never realy spoke, act like such a child at times?

It had been days since they had gotten engaged. Throughout those days, Levi started to discuss more about himself and same with Eren. Now, Eren did not have the happiest life and did not live much since he had been constantly sick, but Levi had lived a life full of many things, since he was older than Eren by a good bit and well, he has met some interesting people. It was who he was and this was the life he was living - though, it was much better with Eren around to be with him and actually make him feel human. No matter what, they both had changed because of each other. Eren used to be always an emotional wreck and Levi always emotionless, putting up a mask to hide who he could really be. That mask was always there until it had shattered at seeing this young boy.

Levi always told about how he would be the one looking out on the crowd with a serious face. He was the one to judge you directly or silently - you never knew what Levi would do; you just sat (or stood) and wondered what would happen if he gives you a glare. He always told Eren things that the boy had never known before, slowly learning more and more about his lover and slowly, more and more they fell in love with each other when they said more and more about each other.