Chapter 2

-Lauren

After Liam had said Niall was my fiance I kind of just sat there in shock. It felt like I couldn't speak.

"I know it's a big thing and it's scary but he really is your fiance." Harry says, trying to make me feel better.

"I'm only 19! I can't be engaged!" I screamed "What even happened to me? I don't understand why I'm like this."

"I think Niall should be the one to tell you that." Liam said "Dani can you please go get them. I have to go talk to the doctor."

-Niall

"Zayn I'm sorry I don't know what's gotten into me, I thought she was going to wake up and be my beautiful fiancé, not the girl that doesn't remember me!" I say, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

Just then I heard footsteps running towards us and I looked up to see Danielle coming down the hallway.

"Niall." She begins. "Lauren asked what happened and we think you should tell her so I came to get you.

"Alright, let's go then." Zayn says, getting up. He grabs my hand to help me up and we walk back towards her room.

-Lauren

"Why can't you guys just tell me?" I ask, getting annoyed

"Oh calm down." Perrie says. "He'll be here soon."

They came in soon after she had said that. Everyone started clearing out so we could be alone. He sat down at the end of the bed and gave me a timid smile.

"Sorry about the kiss earlier.." He said shyly, looking away. "I-I just thought-"

"I know. It's okay, don't worry about it." I say. "Uh Niall?"

"Yeah?"

"So are you going to tell me what happened or..?"

"Oh uh..yeah. Sorry."

He took a deep breath and I could see the tears starting to form in his eyes. This caused my heart to break a little at the sight of it.

"Niall? Niall please answer me." I said, getting a bit nervous. "Niall?" I asked again.

"Yeah?" 

"Tell me how I got here please."

"We were on our way home from my parents house and it was late, so as any normal human being gets, I was tired. You had asked to drive that night but I had said no and that I was fine. We turned a corner and I didn't see the other car until it was too late." He paused. "He slammed right into your side of the car causing us to spin out. Someone called 911 and I woke up in the hospital. I asked Liam where you were and that's when he told me that you were in a coma." He finishes.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes, giving me enough time to process my last question.

"How long was I in a coma?"

"About 3 months..they kept asking me if I wanted to pull the plug but I wouldn't let them."

I just nodded my head and he gave me a smile. The doctor came in and shook Niall's hand before speaking.

"Hello Miss Cimino. It's so nice to see that you're awake, how are you feeling?"

"Better."

"And how's your memory?"

"Not there but my friends have been helping me with some stuff."

"Well that's good to hear. Well if you'll come with me then sir, I will just have you fill out some forms and then you can leave."

Niall nods his head and begins to leave with the doctor.

"Oh Niall, can you send Perrie in?"

"Sure."

-Niall

I walked out of the room to see everyone sitting outside. Harry smiled at me when I came out.

"How did it go?" Zayn asked

"She took it really well actually. I have to fill out these forms but she asked me to come get Perrie."

"Okay!" Perrie says, jumping up and giving Zayn a quick kiss before leaving.

"I miss that." I say quietly but apparently not quietly enough.

"You will have that again soon." Louis says patting me on the back.