21. Calls

Nothing is worse than going to work on a Monday morning after being off for a holiday. The bright side was I still had Thanksgiving leftovers to eat at lunch. I walk into the staff room and head over to the fridge, putting my lunch on the top shelf before shutting the fridge, being startled by the person standing on the other side.

"Holy shit" I shout as my eyes land on Matt, he lets out a chuckle as he stares at me.

"How was your break?" he asks curiously, attempting to make conversation with me.

"It was lovely" I reply. "And yours? You spend it with Dylan and Callie?" I question as he rolls his eyes playfully.

"Why does that bother you?" he smirks making me scoff.

"The only person I'm worried it might bother is Drew, you know since she seems to be leading him on because he's sick."

"Calm down. I didn't spend Thanksgiving with Callie and Dylan but I heard Callie called your fiancé to wish him a happy holiday" he smirks. I fail at hiding my surprise making him chuckle. "Oh you mean prince charming didn't tell you that his ex called? I'm shocked. Really" he smirks.

"Goodbye Matt" I scoff as I walk out of the room and head down the hall to my classroom. There was still about twenty minutes before school started to I immediately pull out my phone and dial Drew's number.

"Fuck My" he complains as he answers, "it's early."

"I know" I reply as I close my classroom door and walk over to my desk, "but I need someone to talk to."

"How about the girl you work with or I don't know Josh" he snips making me sigh as I let my head fall into my hands.

"Did Callie call Josh?" I ask bluntly making him sigh.

"Maya" he says as I shake my head.

"Why would he keep that from me?" I question.

"He didn't answer" he replies, "Callie was pissed off all day. Honey I promise that boy wants no one but you."

"Ugh" I moan in annoyance, "I let that dick get to me."

"Matt?" he questions, "how do you know him?"

"I have the unpleasure of working with him."

"That's not a word."

"That's how awful he is, I have to invent new words" I sigh making him chuckle.

"Yea he is a dick" he agrees, "Dylan seems to like him though" he adds sadly.

"He's a kid Drew, he doesn't understand. Someday he'll realize how lucky he is to have you."

"Probably not before I go" he says making my heart sink as the cruel reality of losing Drew sets in.

"Have a little faith Drew."

"I'm trying" he sighs. "Look Maya, remember when I told you not to let her take him away" he says as I nod.

"Mhm."

"She's trying and with the help of Matt she thinks she can succeed. They're both wrong. The love you and Josh have is unlike anything I've ever seen. Trust him and never stop talking, it's important and I promise you will get down that aisle."

"I really want you there" I say softly.

"I'm gonna try" he replies sweetly. "I'll talk to you later, I'm going back to bed."

"Sweet dreams Drew" I smile before hanging up

*************************************************************************************