The First Meeting

It was my first day at a new school in Near Shore. My family had to relocate due to my father's job promotion as CEO of this business company. I was nervous, but I finally moved out of my hometown for a change which I've been asking for since I was little.

I entered the school grounds and walked around for a little while. It was only 7:30 AM but school starts at 8:15 AM. I needed to find the office and get my class schedule. There were still plenty of kids walking the hallway this early, however, and I found it difficult to navigate my way around the corridors of this school. I had to push my way past some people, but then I ran into someone else which knocked us both over to the ground.

I rubbed my head and opened my eyes to see who I ran into. It was another girl, accompanied by two other girls who were looking at us in confusion. I immediately stood up, helped the girl to stand, and apologized. "So sorry, I'm having trouble navigating my way to the office." I said. "Huh? Don't worry about it. Are you new?" The girl asked.

I looked at her and noticed her hair, eyes, and smile first. She seems like a nice girl. "U-uhm yes, actually. I just moved here about three days ago. My name is (Y/N)."

She smiled. "Nice to meet you, (F/N)! I'm Hiyori, and these are my best friends, Ami and Yama." The two of her friends greeted me.

"Hey, you can hang out with us. We'll show you to the office or wherever you need to go!" Ami said. "Oh, thank you so much!" I said to her.

And with that, we made our way to the office. We were all in the same classes fortunately and I'm glad that I've already made three new friends.

"So (F/n), where do you live?" Yama asked. "I'm not really sure yet, I'm still getting used to the streets around here. I do know that I live about 15 minutes away from school though in that direction, I believe." I said as I pointed which way I came from.

"Oh, you live in the same direction as me! Let's walk home together!" Hiyori exclaimed. I smiled at her, thankful for meeting such nice people on my first day here.

--

The rest of the day went by smooth and before I knew it, I finished my first day at a new school. Hiyori and I waved farewell to Ami and Yama, then we headed off back home. "Thank you, Hiyori." I said to her. "What for?" She asked. "Well, befriending me and being so nice." I replied. "Oh, it's no problem at all. I'm so glad to have you as a new friend of mine! I should show you around the city more, though so that I can show you all my favorite places around here!" She said. She kept going on and on for a while about her favorite things while I listened but then I noticed something waving behind her. I stopped walking and looked to see what it was...

And it was a tail.

Hiyori....HAS A TAIL!?!

I screamed and she turned around in confusion. "Huh?" She looked at me then realize what happened and she screamed as well. "What are you?!" I yelled. "Wait, you can see me?!" She asked. "Of course I can see you! I can also clearly see that you have a tail, so please tell me that I'm not going crazy. Oh man, I might be dreaming...come on (F/n), wake up!" I slapped my face. I opened my eyes to see that I was looking down on the ground and I noticed Hiyori's sleeping body. I looked at her body, then back at her with the tail and I passed out.

--

I woke up tucked in on a mat in a fairly empty room. I turned my head to see if anyone was around but I saw no one. However, I did smell something nice coming from outside the room so I got up and headed out to see what was happening. It appeared that I was upstairs...it was completely dark up here but I saw light coming from downstairs. I went down and into the room where all the noise was coming from.

There, I saw Hiyori without her tail and she was accompanied by four others. There was a girl who looked her age, with pink hair and seemed a little too happy for my taste. Right behind that girl was a tall, older looking man with brown hair slicked back...he looked to be in his early 40's maybe? He had an apron and was carrying a bowl of food which attracted the two younger looking men. One of those boys seemed to be the youngest of them all with blonde hair and red eyes. Then, the other, was taller and looks to be in his early 20s. He was wearing a tracksuit, had blue-black hair, and very piercing blue eyes almost like the color of ice.

The guy in the tracksuit was the first one to notice me.

"Hey, she's awake." He said and then they all looked at me. The girl with the pink hair ran up to me and gave me this full inspection kind of thing. "You're absolutely one of the cutest things I've ever laid my eyes on!" The girl exclaimed while she pulled me into a suffocating hug. "Uh, milady, she can't breathe. At least introduce yourself and the others to her before you kill her." The older guy said.

"Oh, sorry." She said and let me go. "My name is Kofuku. The man scolding me is my wonderful Daikoku." She added. "Hello." I greeted the two of them with a smile. Then, my view was blocked by the guy in the tracksuit. His face was inches from mine and he was looking deep into my eyes.

He took a moment before finally saying something, and then he yelled right in my face. "Yato at your service! Whatever you need, I'll get it done for you for 5-yen!" He boasted. Just after he said that, he was knocked out of the way by the young boy. "You idiot! She's obviously not here for that!" He yelled and then he turned to me. "Sorry about him, he's a stupid one. My name is Yukine!" "Yukine, it's nice to meet you and Yato though he was a bit all up in my face. My name is (Y/n)!" I said.

"I do wonder though," Daikoku started "how you're able to see us though you're a complete human. This is a first for me." He said. "What do you mean? Aren't you all real people?" I asked.

They all looked at each other and sighed. "This is going to be a long night." Hiyori said.