Getting Closer

A/N: As far as I know, I'll still keep this story going for quite a while. I'll let you all know when I'm nearing the end of this story but as of right now, I don't think we're nearing that point yet :) thanks to everyone who's reading! Please comment and vote if you like the plot! Also, feel free to give me suggestions on the plot. I'd love to incorporate your thoughts into the story ! Full credit will be given to you as well :D

How did this happen? Why am I here? What's happening to me?

There was nothing but white all around me, even my clothes were white. "What's going on?" I said to myself. I looked left and right to see if I could find anyone but found no luck instead. I decided to walk ahead into the nothingness in front of me. 

I'd say about 20 minutes have passed since I started walking and in that time, I've been trying to figure out what exactly happened to me before I ended up in this place. Numerous questions ran through my mind: Am I dead? Is this Heaven or Hell? Why am I only seeing white? What happened before I ended up here? 

As I was daydreaming, my foot slipped on something under it causing me to almost fall. I stepped to the side to see a picture on the ground. I bent down to pick it up and saw me in the photo, but I was with a group of people that looked familiar to me. One person, a girl, was in a school uniform. She had pinkish-purple colored eyes and brunette hair. There was another person, a young boy, with red eyes and blonde hair...he didn't seem to be older than 13. The last person in the picture looked to be of a young man in his late teens or early 20's. He had a track suit on with a torn up scarf, icy blue eyes, and a smile that can be noticed from thousands of miles away. His hair was black with a hint of purple in it. 

"Are these my friends?" I asked myself like I was going to know the answer to this. I don't recognize them, but the evidence here shows otherwise. I looked really happy in this photo and seemed to be smiling a little too much at the boy in the tracksuit. Who are you? I kept pondering and walking through the endless white scenery. I took another step forward to find myself falling through the white floor and into the sky...

Free falling through the air but not a hint of a scream peeped through me. This wasn't real, but why does it feel like it is? My body had flipped itself upside down to where I was going to dive in head first into whatever I was diving into. I didn't even bother to look down but instead I was looking up at the sky. The all white scenery was now gone, I couldn't see the hole that I fell through anymore. Just a pink and orange tinted sky with the sun setting to my left. For a moment, it seemed peaceful like I could almost fall asleep. 

My eyes suddenly started feeling heavy. I thought this was it. Whatever happened before this, was completely over, now I'm accepting my fate. I'm okay with this.

And then I heard someone calling my name..

"(F/n)? (F/n)?"

Everything turned white again.

I opened my eyes to see a bright room light shining at my face with Yato, Yukine, Bishamon, Kazuma, and Hiyori hovering over me. 

"Can you speak? Can you hear me?" Yato asked me.

"H-hey, Yato." I replied with a small smile.

Everyone then let out a huge sigh and gave me a soft hug. "We thought we lost you! You had no pulse!" Hiyori exclaimed.

"Yeah but then out of nowhere you were breathing again. I guess you came back alive or something and put in a coma." Yukine replied.

"How long was I out?" I asked them.