Author's Note

If you are struggling through depression, please know that you are not alone and you can always message me if you need someone to talk to. I struggle through depression as well and I can agree with you that it fucking sucks.

We have to stay strong together...for ourselves and the people that stand with us.

I'm writing this because I am DEEPLY affected by Chester Bennington's death. To those who aren't aware, he was the frontman of the band, Linkin Park.

I have been struggling through depression since I was 11 years old. Life events that happened previously led to then and now. 

The first song I ever heard of by Linkin Park was Numb/Encore because my dad had it downloaded. I fell in love with that band because they spoke not only to me but to a lot of other people who struggle to connect with the world. 

To those who never liked the band and doesn't really care for him, I understand but please respect him and my decision to mourn him. Some will say he was legendary and some will say he isn't, all that matters if he was legendary in YOUR life because I know he was in mine. 

Again, please do not hesitate to come to me or to anyone else if you're struggling to get through life. I've been in the hospital numerous times because of depression and suicidal attempts in the past. I found my solace through writing, my friends, Linkin Park especially, a few other rock bands, and EDM music. 

I owe my thanks to Chester because he played a part in saving my life. One of the chapters upcoming will be dedicated to him.

I love you.