Chapter 10: Captured & Trust Issues

[|A/N|] I really like this song and it goes well sort of with the chapter so yeah.... Also slight implications of child abuse/abuse so yeah....

/[:Callumari's POV:]\

Opening his eyes slowly, he awoke, his head spinning.

He looked around the room. He was in a cage and his wrists were in cuffs attached to the wall behind him. He shuddered in fear. Had his dad- no, he didn't consider him his father anymore,  not after what he did- the King finally caught him and brought him back?

This question was thankfully proved false when he heard voices that didn't sound like squids. He could hear bits and pieces of the conversation:

"....can't trust....budder....."

"So I'm inside the Sky Army's base? Why am I in a cage...? Did they figure out that I'm a squid?!" Callumari was secretly panicking. If they figured out he was a squid, they won't trust him.

And he needs them to trust him for this.

Luckily for him he was still wearing his black hoodie, but it was starting to get uncomfortable.

Suddenly, Sky, Ty, Jason, and Seto walked in- he had seen them and heard their names before when they had attacked the old Squid Base.

Sky and Ty looked a bit peeved and Jason and Seto's expressions were unreadable. Worry grew inside of him. "Will they hurt me?..."  He tensed up, remembering all the times his da- the King had hit him for doing something wrong.

He tuned out their conversation, only picking up bits and pieces that he didn't care about- he had always hated listening to other's conversations.

He paid attention when Sky asked him a question. "Who are you?" Sky asked sharply, his expression and voice fierce. "Some guards found you roaming around the village suspiciously."

Callumari looked away in fear. Sky scared him, and he didn't want to get hurt. He let out a simple whimper in response.

/[:Jason's POV:]\

He could tell that Sky and Ty scared him, so he quickly whispered to Sky. "Let me and Seto talk... please.. you two should leave the room.." He whispered softly.

He could tell Sky was confused, but he said nothing. Sky quickly whispered to Ty, and the two left the room. Turning to Seto, he nodded. Seto, with a knowing look on his face, slowly opened the cage and walked in, Jason standing outside.

/[:Seto's POV:]\

Kneeling in front of the child, but not too close as to scare them- he could see and feel their fear- he smiled lightly at them.

"Don't worry... me and Jason won't hurt you.... I'm Seto," he said softly as he gestured to himself, "we won't hurt you..."

The child seemed to ease up a bit, but they were still wary. The child looked up at him slightly.

Scooching a bit closer, Seto opened up his arms slowly, as if asking for a hug. The child accepted the hug with caution, melting into his embrace shortly after.
(Note: I should probably point out that Callumari is leaning into Seto to hug him since his hands are behind his back... okay you can continue reading now.)

"Shh... it's okay.... you won't get hurt... I promise..." he whispered softly as the child whimpered, their face muffled in Seto's sorcerer robes.

Seto pet their hair slowly to calm them down, and it worked. The child's cries soon died down until there was nothing but silence.

Seto pulled away from the hug. "Will you please answer my questions?..." He said softly. They simply nodded, and Seto gently wiped the tears from the child's eyes.

"What's your name?..." Seto asked, careful to be softer with his words.

"Callumari..." He said quietly.

"It's nice to meet you Callumari." Seto smiled warmly at him.

Turning to look at Jason, Seto nodded and got up, switching places with Jason.

/[:Jason's POV:]\

Jason sat down in front of Callumari. "Hi, Callumari. My name's Jason". He smiled.

"H-hi..." Callumari said as he blushed, stuttering due to his shyness.

"Is it alright if I ask you a few questions now?... I'll only do so with your permission..." he asked gently.

Callumari simply nodded. "Okay..."

"Okay, if I can ask.... why do you wear a hoodie? Aren't you a bit warm?" Jason slowly gestured to Callumari's clothes. Sure, Jason himself was wearing a hoodie, but it was thin and unzipped. Callumari was wearing a sweat jacket, and it's hot outside.

"I... can you help me take it off? I-I can't really explain it in words..."

Jason nods, and he removes the cuffs. Stretching his arms, Callumari hesitates to remove the hoodie.

"I-if I take off my hoodie... do you promise you won't hurt me?..." Callumari asks, fear and worry evident in his voice.

Jason nods, putting his hand on his heart. "I promise." He looks at Seto for clarification, and Seto nods, smiling warmly.

"O-okay..." Callumari slowly removes his hoodie. When it's finally off, it reveals the six squid tentacles on his back- three on each side.

Callumari looks down, ashamed and scared. Jason smiles at him and hugs him. Callumari tenses for a moment, but hugs back.

The two pull away from the hug. "Now... can I ask why you came here, of all places?" Jason asks softly.

"I... came to warn you about something.... about your friend..."

[|A/N|]

Woah, more cliffhangers!

LS!Jerome: You're cruel to the readers .-.

I am not! Anyways I would've made this chapter longer, but I feel that this is a good enough length with an A/N added to it (which technically makes the chapter even longer).

Anyways, story question time!:

What do you think the others will think when they find out that Callumari is a squid?

Yep, that's the only question I could think of XD

BUT THREE OF MY INNOCENT SMOL BEANS WERE IN THIS CHAPTER! ALL WE NEED IS VIKK (who isn't a part of this book)

LS!Jerome: aaaaand she's hyper again. *facepalm* I'm just gonna end the chapter before it gets too long.... *mutters*... and she gets anymore crazy... So, u-uhm... peace out technos and as always....

LS!Jerome: Stay classy! B-bye! *blushing*

BAI GUYS! <3