Chapter 20 (Part 2): The Final Battle

/[:Jerome's POV:]\

Neither of us move, giving me the chance to observe how this battle might play out.

"Okay... she has a diamond sword and I have a diamond axe... this should be interesting..." I think.

I see her prepare to attack, so I mentally get ready. Suddenly, Dawn rushes forward at me, swinging her sword. I block her blade with my axe, pushing her backwards.

She recovers quickly and rushes at me again, swinging her sword once more. I block her attack again, pushing her backwards. I decide to let her keep doing this until she stops or gets tired.

However, she does something different. Instead of rushing at me again, she stops for a moment before rushing at me once more. I block her incoming blade, but she aims at my legs. I jump backwards, just barely avoiding her blade.

"Alright... it's my turn." I think as I rush forward and swing with all of my might. She manages to dodge it a little, but I end up nicking her in the side.

Unfazed by the wound, she rushes at me, and we engage in swinging at each other and blocking. This goes on for a few minutes before I push her back.

I quickly examine the damage. We both got some fairly good hits on each other, but no major ones.

Trying something new, I rush to the wall on my left, scaling up it with my claws. Reaching a ledge, I wait there.

"Come out you coward and fight me!" She yells, still having not seen my hiding place.

Once she is close enough to me, I jump down at her, preparing to swing my axe down. She notices this and blocks it the best she can, but I still manage to hit her. She stagers back and regains her battle stance.

Dawn swings at me, and I swing back, locking our weapons. We push at each other until one slips. Quick as I can, I hook Betty under her sword and manage to make Dawn's sword fly out of her hands and out of her reach.

I walk towards her, and she walks backwards. I continue walking towards her, and she continues to back up.

"Oh come on Jerome! We were friends at some point!" She says, still backing up slowly.

"Yeah, we were friends, as far as I can remember." I say, venom lacing my voice as I step towards her slowly.

"We could be friends again! Rule over the Squid Army and the Sky Army! Maybe even the world!" She states, still stepping away from me at the same pace as I'm stepping towards her.

"Is that all you care about? Power?" I laugh at this. "Power won't matter in the end, Dawn."

"If you let me live, I'll give you all the power you could dream of!" Dawn says, backing up into the throne. I had her cornered.

I laugh. "You see Dawn... your offer is pointless in the end."

"Besides, you used my friends for your sick twisted games!" I yell at her.

"It's all a game, Jerome! Nothing matters! If I have power, I'll be the winner."

I growl at her. "Rot in the Nether."

And with that, I stab her in the heart, killing her instantly.

Her body drops to the floor, dead. I sigh.

"You could've been happy if you hadn't betrayed us Dawn. Too bad you didn't take that opportunity." I mutter.

Suddenly, I fall to the floor, memories flooding my mind. Memories of my friends, of my life, of my love.

Once the memories stopped flooding my head, I slowly stood up.

Hearing the doors open behind me, I look to see Team Crafted rushing towards me.

Mitch runs up and hugs me. "We managed to take down Octavius... I-its over!" He says, head buried in my shoulder.

I nuzzle his face, not caring if the Team is watching. "I managed to kill Dawn." I state. "We won."

Everyone smiles happily. Mitch looks up at me, smiling. "Your eyes... they're back to normal... does this mean-"

"Yes Mitch. I remember.... I remember it all." I say, smiling lovingly at him.

We kiss, not caring who's watching.

I have the love of my life by my side, and I remember my friends and all the memories we shared.

That's all that mattered to me.

[|A/N|]

Wow! Two chapters in one day! I'm on a roll!

Next up is the Epilogue, which marks the end of this book. But don't worry! I'll have something exciting to share with you all when I post the Epilogue.

LS!Jerome: This is really the end? Wow...

Yeah... but anyways! Peace out Technos, and as always....

Both: Stay classy! Bye!