Chapter 19: Training & Charging Into Battle

/[:Jerome's POV:]\

Mitch smiles as we break away from our kiss. I smile back at him lovingly, never wanting to let him go again.

"Since I'm part of the few working on weapons, you want to come work with us?" He asks me.

I nod. "I'd love to! I haven't really trained with anyone yet, so it's going to be interesting."

Grabbing my hand, Mitch leads me to the training room. Ian and the brunette with the headphones- who I still haven't learned the name of yet- are standing by a weapons rack, talking about something. When they notice us, they smile and wave us over.

"Hey you two!" Ian greets us with a smile.

"Hi..." The headphone-wearing brunette says, smiling at us both. Mitch smiles back, and I do as well.

"This is Ian," Mitch said, gesturing to Ian. "And this here is Ty." Ty smiles, waving.

"Nice to meet you two... jeez this is awkward..." I say, muttering the last part. They still heard me though, as they begin to laugh, and soon I do as well.

"Okay, so we'll each pick a specific type of weapon and test them to see if they are sharp enough and in good condition. If they aren't, you just fix them or sharpen them at the anvil." Ty explains to us. We all nod.

"I'll take swords!" Ian says, reaching to grab two iron swords.

"I'll take the small long ranged weapons." Ty says, grabbing some daggers.

"I'll take the long ranged ones." Mitch says, grabbing a bow and a quiver of arrows.

I scan the weapon's rack for a moment. "I'll take the axes." I say, grabbing an iron axe.

We all nod and head to separate parts of the training area. I head over to some training dummies to practice. I shiver, remembering when I trained with training dummies back at the Squid HQ.

Shaking the thought out of my mind, I practice swinging the axe at the dummy. I get few good slices out of it, then examine the weapon.

The iron axe is sharpened well, as has no dents in it. "Must be freshly made..." I think, scanning over the weapon once more.

After examining the axe, I got back to swinging it at the dummy.

~Time Skip: After Training...~

/[:Jerome's POV:]\

Everyone had finally finished preparing. The rest of the Team had decided to take a large amount of recruits with them into battle. I stayed near the back with Mitch so that no one noticed me. I had also gotten the cuffs taken off earlier.

Mitch looks at me with worry. "You sure you'll be okay to fight, biggums? I don't want to loose you again..."

I smile warmly at him. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'm not going anywhere away from you."

We kiss for a moment, then pull away. "I love you biggums." Mitch says to me.

"I love you too."

And with that, we head off to the Squid HQ.

"This is it then...." I think.

"The battle that can change our lives for better or worse.... I just hope we're on the winning end...."

[|A/N|]

Ooooh! Cliffhangers!

Do you think that Team Crafted will win?

LS!Jerome: I-

Oi! Don't spoil it for them!

LS!Jerome: I wont!

So yeah. I think Ch. 20 will be the last chapter before the Epilogue, but I'm not sure because Ch. 20 might be a two-part  or three-part chapter. But anyways yeah! Peace out Technos, and as always....

Both: Stay classy!