Chapter 13: Preparation

Song- Setsuna Drive (English Cover)- JubyPhonic

/[:Mitch's POV:]\

Blinking my eyes open slowly, I sit up and rub my eyes, taking in my surroundings.

I'm in my room.

Sighing, I remembered what had happened moments before. I made a mental note to thank Jason later.

Speaking of note....

Looking over to my nightstand, I grasped the note and read it. Smiling slightly, I put it in a drawer somewhere.

Getting up, I checked the time. 1:00 PM.

"So I had only been asleep for an hour? Seems good... I hope I didn't miss anything..."

Walking out of my room, I closed the door and headed to Seto's room, hoping he would tell me what I had missed at the meeting.

I knock lightly on Seto's door.

"Come in Mitch." He says simply as the door opens with magic.

"I'll never understand Seto and his magic..."

Seto was sitting on his bed, a book in hand. Closing the book, he uses his magic to put it back on a shelf. He turns his attention to me.

"I can tell you want to know what you missed at the meeting, correct?" Seto asks me as if it's perfectly normal to know what someone's thinking- which it isn't.

Ignoring how creepy he sounded, I nod. Seto's look softens.

"Sorry if I sounded creepy, I can't help it..." He smiles sheepishly. "Anyways, the Team agreed that me, you, Ian, and Callumari would sneak into the squid base to get Jerome. Is that okay with you?"

I nod. "Sounds like a plan. When are we doing it?"

"Tomorrow morning, so you better get a good sleep tonight." Seto tells me.

"Okay, but I think I'm just gonna go back to sleep now." I respond.

Seto nods. "Okay, good night Mitch."

"Night!" I tell him as I leave.

Heading back to my room, I collapse on my bed and fall asleep.

~{Time Skip}~

/[:Still Mitch's POV:]\

Groaning, I slowly blink open my eyes as they adjust to the light. I sit up in bed and stretch, yawning as I do so.

"Mmm... what time is it?" Looking over at the clock on my nightstand, I realize it's 6:30 AM.

Although I'm still tired, I force myself to get ready. Remembering that I'm going to sneak into the squid base with Seto, Ian, and Callumari, I put on a different outfit.

(Here's what part of the outfit looks like, although I'm still going to describe it because I'm adding my own little details

(Here's what part of the outfit looks like, although I'm still going to describe it because I'm adding my own little details. Also, the art above isn't mine, Aleatoraye/Crowmulet from deviantart made it.)

I had chosen a black hoodie with red markings on it, my normal white shirt with long tan sleeves, jeans, my red sneakers, my dogtags and a bandana that was checkered like my normal hoodie.

Tying the bandana around my neck, I adjusted it so that my dogtags would still be visible. I also grabbed my knife for emergencies, putting it in a secret pocket inside of my jean pocket.

(The knife is just a smaller version of the sword in the picture above)

Satisfied with my outfit, I walked downstairs to the kitchen.

Seto was sitting at the table reading a book, while Ian was making breakfast. Seto looks up at me and waves before going back to reading.

Ian stops making breakfast to look at me. "Heeeey Mitch! Nice outfit!" Ian tells me, smiling.

"Thanks Ian. I like your hair, by the way."

He laughs. "Thanks Mitch!" Pushing some of his black hair out of his eyes, he goes back to making breakfast. Ian's hair truly was something; it had finally grown out long enough for him to be satisfied enough to put it in a rat tail style, much like Sky's hair, only Ian's hair was longer, reaching the middle of his back.

Sitting at the kitchen table, I examine my dogtags. Engraved on one of them is my parent's names:

Michael & Amelia Hughes

(No matter how long I searched the Internet, I couldn't find the names of his parents irl.)

And engraved on the other dogtag:

In Benja we trust, in Bacca we must.

(is it "for Bacca" or "in Bacca"? I hope I got it right)

Smiling slightly as I read the other dogtag, I twirled it aimlessly in my hand.

"Jeez, I'm a love sick puppy..." I thought to myself in my head.

[|A/N|]

Wow I'm in a roll with updates today!

Story Question Time!:

Do you think the plan will go well?

Me: Yay for updates!

LS!Jerome: Yay :3

Me: Anyways peace out Technos and as always....

Both: Stay classy! Bye!~