Chapter 51

Highway Don't Care - Tim McGraw

Glad You Came - Tiffany Alvord (Cover)

Need You Now (How Many Times) - Plumb

You & I - One Direction

Wherever You Are - 5 Seconds of Summer

______________

Zayn POV

"Why did you do this Zayn?" I am in darkness, I am alone, my body is cold and I am immersed into the abyss of thoughts. The voice I have almost forgotten about speaks again, "Why would you do this to me? Why did you run away? Why did you leave?" it whispers all around me. I turn around, spinning in circles looking for her. All there is, is darkness.

"You called them... I thought you promised to never call them again." She speaks; her voice is soft, harrowing with every syllable that slips from her mouth. I look around in the darkness in search of Juliet.

"Tell me it's not true." I hear a different voice, a voice I have grown to addicted to, her voice, her beautiful light voice full of hope and innocence.

"Juliet?" I manage to call out.

"Tell me it's not true Zayn... tell me." Her voice is full of pain and hurt - betrayal.

"Juliet!" I try again. I turn to see Juliet now, her eyes are red from tears her head shaking in disapproval.

"You lied to me... you kept secrets... you kept this secret hidden... I don't even know who you are." She disappears before I can say anything. I try to call for her, my body in panic mode but I can't say a thing. My voice is gone.

"She's not here anymore Zayn." I turn around and there she stands. I don't say anything, I can't seem to form a single word right now, my mouth sealed tightly shut. I clench my jaw and glare at her. A white dress that flows down so you can't see her feet, her golden blonde hair perfectly straight, her dark hazel eyes piercing through me.

"Where is she?" The voice isn't coming from me, but it's coming from somewhere. All around us, my voice is speaking but not from me.

"She's gone. She left." She simply says. "Where else would she be?"

"What did you do to her?" My voice echoes around us again. "Caroline... what did you do?" The name is native to my mouth - though the name doesn't come from my mouth it's strange to hear out loud. A name I have kept in my thoughts for years now was finally being spoken by me.

"I told her everything Zayn. Everything you were hiding, everything you kept in the dark, everything that no one knows." Her words are slow and eerie as I hear them.

"Where is Juliet?" My voice rages. I take a step towards her but it has no affect, I don't gain any distance.

"Where else Zayn? I told her everything. She's gone... who would ever stay, with a monster, like you?" She emphasizes every word dramatically, hollow words that vibrate through my body. "Who would ever love a monster like you?"

I sit up in bed, breathing heavily and staring at the sheets tangled around my body. I look around the room, attempting to calm my breathing. My fists hurt from the tight grip I have on the sheets but I can't seem to release them yet.

It wasn't real, it was just a dream... just a nightmare. One that was all too real - all too familiar. Except Juliet... I had Juliet - she was in the nightmare for once. I glance outside to where the sun is shining through the window.