Chapter 9

"S-She knows Cole." Niall asked and his eyes got watery as he looked over at me.

"Yes." Eleanor said looking at the ground. I heard muffled crying making me look up to see Liam holding a sobbing Niall in his arms.

"What did I do?" I asked confused as Niall continued to cry.

"Cole is Niall's older brother." Zayn explained to me making me look at Niall and try to see similarities.

"Then Cole sort of died." Harry said and Niall glared at Harry.

"He didn't 'sort of die', he died." Niall said flatly the happy boy gone.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" I asked Niall looking between all of the boys.

"You should probably sit down, it's sort of long." Niall said and he patted the seat between him and Liam. I sat down next to Niall as Liam awkwardly tried to move away from me.

"I'm ready." I said smiling up at Niall as he smiled sadly wiping his cheeks free of tears.

(the rest of the italiced writing will be in Niall's point of view and what he saw)

"Niall, let's go. We can't be late today." I walked out of my room my school uniform on as Cole straightened my tie for me.

"Can't we just skip?" I asked Cole who rolled his eyes at me.

"No, we have missed way too many days already, they might call mom or dad." Cole said as he smoothed my tie down.

"So, it's not like they would care." I said rolling my eyes as I walked away from Cole making him sigh in annoyance.

"Fine, but this is the last time." Cole caved and I smirked ripping the tie off of my body as I threw it to the ground.

"I knew you wouldn't want to go." I chuckled and Cole smacked my head as he lit up a cigarette putting it to his mouth.

"Why don't you go upstairs and look for your laptop that you lost that I used almost all of our money for." Cole growled at me and I rolled my eyes walking up the steps as they creaked from my weight. 

I walked into my room closing the door behind me as I searched around the mess that I call a room. I shoved my clothes to the side as I dug around for my laptop. I heard a loud bang followed by several more. I opened the door and ran down the steps to see Cole laying on the ground two bullets in his chest and one in his leg. I looked up to see a male and a female smirking at me.

"Hi, Niall. Would you like to live?" The female asked me her tone mocking as if she wanted me to say no.

"Yes-" I started but she cut me off.

"Great. You work for us now and Niall, we have a special job for you." She smiled pulling a picture out of her pocket.

"We need you and the others that work for us to find these 4 kids and do whatever it takes to kill them." The male said looking at me.

"Isn't that Mariah Green?" I asked confused as I pointed at the girl who stood with two young girls and a little boy.

"Yes, kill them all." The female ordered and the male glared at me.

"Or we kill you." He spat and I nodded.

"I'll do it," I said swallowing nervously, "I'll kill them all." 

"Oh my goodness." I said looking up at Niall who looked at me his eyes guilty.

"Cole sold drugs with me and they killed him to get me to kill you and your family." Niall said and I let out a long sigh.