1 ; the supernatural

Prescott Valley, Arizona

-

"Where should we meet up?" I ask. Not gonna lie, I was feeling a bit uneasy.

"We're staying in a motel," Dean says. "You could meet us here if you'd like."

"I'm not really sure I feel comfortable going to some shady motel," I say, laughing. "I don't know you guys."

"I guess that makes sense," Dean laughs. "Are there any good bars around here?"

"A few," I answer, my voice trailing off.

They didn't have to know I was only eighteen.

"How about we pick one and we'll text you the address, okay?" Dean asks, and I walk to my purse.

"That sounds fine," I tell him, opening my wallet. I find my fake ID and turn it over in my hand.

"Okay," Dean says. "See you at seven."

The line goes dead, and I sigh. What am I getting myself into? I glance at my clock, making sure I still have time to get ready. I didn't really want to wear my funeral clothes to the bar.

-

"Mom," I shout, waiting for an answer. "I'm going out!".

I click my phone on to look at the time.

6:43

"Okay, sweetie!" She calls back. "Where are you going?"

"Uh, just to the library," I lie, cringing at how unbelievable I made it sound. "I'll be back around nine!"

"Okay, be safe!"

I grab my keys and head out the front door. Once I'm in my car, I open my wallet again. Sarah and I had saved up most of our allowance in Freshman year to buy these. I hadn't used mine in a few years, but I was hoping it was still convincing. Besides, they'd only check my ID if I ordered a drink, right?

"There's only one way to find out," I mumble to myself, starting my car.

-

The bar they'd said to meet at was only about a 15 minute drive away, and I was praying I didn't see anyone I knew here. It wasn't kids my age I was worried about seeing; it was adults. People who knew my mother, to be specific.