9 ; back on track

New York City, New York
- 2 months later -

New York City, New York- 2 months later -

-

The three of us had been pretty busy lately. Halloween just passed, which meant we were busy hunting. Lots of random spirits seemed to pop up around then.

Sam and I decided we were officially in a relationship; which meant something different to us both. Dean was surprisingly happy for us, which made things a lot easier.

The last two months of being with Sam had been the happiest months of my life. I knew what I wanted; him. He was the best thing I could ask for.

He seemed pretty happy too, but he was always on edge. I knew he was protective, but it was like he was on over-drive. I didn't mind, it was just something I had to get used to. I knew he had a pretty bumpy past with relationships, so I understood why he was the way he was.

"Another day, another motel." Dean says when we'd parked.

"Aren't you used to it by now?" I ask, opening the trunk of my car.

"For the most part," Dean shrugs.

I grab my duffel bag from the trunk, swinging it over my shoulder. Sam comes from the passenger seat and grabs his bag. We follow Dean inside the motel room.

"I've been in some pretty flashy motels.." Dean mumbles. "But this... this is, wow."

I laugh, looking around. "It's not that bad."

"Once you get past the lights, sure." Sam says, squeezing past me.

There was a huge mirror taking up at least half of one wall. Above it was a set of colorful lights; the colors going in the order of the rainbow. Everything else was your standard motel set-up.

I toss my bags on one of the beds. It was Sam's turn to sleep on the floor.

"I don't get why you guys still take turns," Dean says. "I mean, just sleep together."

"Dean," Sam warns, widening his eyes. He's always so protective when Dean says something suggestive.

"He has a point," I laugh. "But I don't think the beds are big enough for us both. Sam's practically a giant."

"Sam is pretty tall," Dean shrugs.

"When are we going to eat?" I groan. "I'm starving!"

"We can go whenever," Sam says. "I'm pretty hungry, too."

"Uh-" Dean says. "You guys go ahead."