19 ; anablephobia

Prescott Valley, Arizona
- 5 years later -

Prescott Valley, Arizona- 5 years later -

Anablephobia- the fear of looking up.

-

"Elizabeth!" Sam calls, helping me set the table. "Dinner's ready!"

I watched as our 4-year old daughter came running down the stairs. Her pigtails bounced as she skipped the last step, giggling to herself.

"Sit down, honey." I laugh. "Your food's on the plate already."

"I got it!" Sam says when Rosie, our newest addition to the family, started crying. Sam rushed to the bassinet and scooped her up in his arms.

I smiled as Sam gently rocked her to calm her down.

"I can't believe it's been 6 months already," I say, running my finger along Rosie's cheek. "It feels like we brought her home just yesterday."

"I know," Sam says, smiling down at her.

"Mommy?" Elizabeth asks.

"Yeah sweetie?" I answer, walking back to the kitchen.

"Is uncle Dean coming over for dinner?" she asks, pouting.

"He'll be here soon," Sam laughs, and her face lights up.

"Speak of the devil," I say when I hear the engine of the Impala. Elizabeth runs to the front door and swings it open.

"Dean!" she squeals, running outside. Dean steps out of his car and wraps her in a hug.

"Hey, you!" Dean says, his hands on her shoulders.

"Come on, we're eating dinner!" she says, pulling on his arm to lead him inside.

They come back inside and Sam hands Rosie to me so he can hug Dean.

"It's good to see you." Sam breathes, patting Dean on the back.

"You too," Dean nods. "How's the little one?"

"She's good," I smile, and Dean walks over to us. "She's 6 months today."

Dean turns to Sam and gives him a look. Sam's expression changes to a look of worry, but he shrugs it off when he sees me staring at him.

"What?" I ask them, frowning.

"It's just-" Dean starts, but Sam stops him.