11 ; stubborn

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- 2 months later -

Sioux Falls, South Dakota- 2 months later -

-

We'd spent the last couple of months on the road, looking into cases every now and then. The holidays were just around the corner, but Sam and Dean didn't seem all that excited.

I had asked them if they wanted to go back to Prescott Valley with me, but they both shrugged it off. I didn't want to pry, so I didn't ask.

"Where are we going?" I ask Sam.

"Visiting a friend," he answers, his eyes focused on the road.

"Which friend?" I ask.

"His names Bobby," Sam says. "He's another hunter."

"Oh," I say.

I watch the scenery in flashes through the car window. There was a blanket of snow covering everything, which made me miss home.

"You okay?" Sam asks, frowning.

"Yeah," I say.

"You're lying," he says. "What's wrong?"

"I've never been away from my mom around the holidays," I laugh. "As childish as that sounds."

"It's not childish," Sam tells me.

"Why don't you and Dean do anything for the holidays?" I ask him.

"We never did much growing up," he explains. "Nothing's changed, I guess."

"Don't you want to do something?" I say. "I mean, you deserve a break."

"I don't mind," he answers. "I've never had a good experience."

"That's about to change," I sing-song.

"It is?" he laughs. "What makes you so sure?"

"You have me this year," I tell him. "I'll make sure you have fun."

"Can't wait," he says sarcastically, and I playfully shove his shoulder.

-

"It's nice to see you again, boys."

"You too, Bobby." Sam says.

He pulls Sam and Dean into a hug.

"You must be Casey," he says, looking at me.

"It's nice to meet you," I say, putting my hand out.

"Enough with that," Bobby laughs, pulling me in for a hug too. "You're practically family already!"

I laugh and follow Sam inside Bobby's house. I look around, mesmerized at all of the strange objects.

"She's a keeper," Bobby whispers to Sam, and I pretend not to hear.