18 : grateful

Prescott Valley, Arizona
- 7 months later -

Prescott Valley, Arizona- 7 months later -

-
Sam's P.O.V. 

I ran my hand along the pocket of my jacket, making sure the small velvet box hadn't fallen out. I took a deep breath and looked myself over in the mirror.

Dean's words of encouragement replayed in my mind.

"Go get the girl, Sammy!"

I pulled my jacket tighter and fixed the collar. I nodded to myself and left the bathroom.

"You ready?" Casey asked, pulling on her high heels.

"Yeah," I nodded, smiling to myself. She had no idea.

"Can you zip me up?" she asked, pointing to the back of her dress. I walked to her and slid the zipper the rest of the way up. "Thanks."

"You look amazing," I praised, making her blush.

"Thank you," she smiled. She grabbed my tie and began straightening it out. "You don't look too bad yourself."

I smiled and motioned towards the door. "Should we go?" I asked, and Casey nodded.

I had told her that I wanted to take her out for dinner to celebrate our 7 month anniversary. We had started dating again a few weeks after her split from Kyle.

Little did she know that this night would change both of our lives forever.

-

"This place is beautiful," Casey said, admiring the restaurant. The whole place was illuminated by the soft light of candles. Elegant music played and the soft chatter of various conversations filled our ears. It was a bit more fancy than I would have wanted, but it was perfect. I told myself that nothing was going to ruin this night.

"Good evening!" the man at the front desk of the restaurant greeted. "Do you have a reservation?"

"Yes," I answered.

"Last name?" he asked, looking through a stack of papers.

"Jass," I tell him, and Casey coughed to cover her laugh. I had used the last name from one of the fake credit cards I used to have.

"Right this way, Mr. Jass." the man spoke, grabbing two menus. He lead us through the maze of tables and finally stopped at an empty one.

I waited for Casey to sit first, and then I gently pushed her chair in.

"I never thought I'd see Sam Winchester inside a place like this," Casey laughed. "Isn't this a bit much?"

"It's a little over the top," I admit.

"Well I love it," she smiles.

"I'm glad." I answer. I reach for my pocket again, running my hand along the bump that the box created.

-
Casey's P.O.V.

Sam and I had finished our dinner, and I couldn't help but notice that he seemed a bit off. He was acting very nervous, and he kept glancing down at his jacket.

"Are you alright?" I ask, and he raises his eyebrows.

"Me?" he asks, and I nod. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine." he clears his throat and looks around the restaurant.

"Okay," I say, shrugging it off.

"I think my shoe's untied.." Sam mutters, getting out of his seat. He crouches on the ground, and I look down at his feet.

"Sam, your shoe is fine.." I say, stopping when he gets onto one knee.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small box. My heart speeds up and an overwhelming feeling of nervousness, joy, sadness, and just about everything else hits me at once.

"Sam?" I whisper, and he looks up.

"I love you so much, Casey." Sam says, opening the box to reveal a small diamond ring. "And I can't imagine loving anyone else. I want to spend the rest of my crazy, messed up life with you."

"Sam," I sob, wiping the tears from my face.

"Casey Scott," he says, taking a deep breath. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes," I say, letting out a small laugh. I was still crying, and I knew I looked like a complete wreck, but I didn't care.

Sam smiles and takes the ring out of the box. He grabs my hand and slides the ring onto my finger. The other people in the restaurant cheered and hollered. Sam stood up and pulled me up with him.

"I was so worried you'd say no," Sam laughs, wrapping his arms around me. He lifts me off the ground and spins me around, all while still hugging me.

"You were worried for nothing," I laugh, wiping my eyes. "I could never say no to you."

"Good to know," he says, winking. I laugh and playfully slap his chest.

"I love you," I say, and Sam smiles.

"I love you, too." he replies.

-
- Six months later -

Sam and I had gotten married a few months after our engagement. It was a small ceremony, and we only invited a few people. Dean was Sam's best man, and Kelsie was my maid of honor, like I had promised her. Neither of us had many family members that were still alive, but we invited who we could. We lived in my mom's old house, mostly since we were too lazy to look for a new house when we already had one. Dean had a hard time coping with the fact that Sam wasn't going to be his hunting buddy anymore, but I knew he was happy that Sam had finally gotten the life he wanted.

"Hey, Sam?" I call, waiting for his response. I thought he was downstairs, but I wasn't sure.

"Yeah?" he answers.

"Can you come here?" I ask, turning the small plastic stick over in my hand. I looked at it again, the two bold lines staring back at me.

I heard his heavy footsteps up the stairs. I took a deep breath and left the bathroom that was attached to our bedroom. I leaned against our dresser and waited for him to come upstairs.

"Everything okay?" Sam asks, standing in the doorway.

"Everything's fine," I smile, trying to hide my nervousness.

"Why are your hands behind your back?" he frowns.

I remove my hands from behind my back and hold them out in front of me. Sam stares at the pregnancy test in my hands and his mouth hangs open.

"Is that..?" he asks, a small laugh escaping his mouth.

"I'm pregnant, Sam." I say.

"Really?" he asks, a huge smile making its way across his face.

"Yeah," I smile.

"This is great!" he says, rushing towards me. He pulls me into a hug and we both start laughing.

"I need to tell Dean!" Sam says, running out of the room.

"I'll see you later!" I yell, laughing as he shuts the front door.

I stared down at the pregnancy test, smiling. I knew this was only the start of the rest of our lives.

---

(edited 2/17/19)

this chapter is so pure